Hey SAVANT! In today’s episode of my “O’Level Guide Series“, I will show you all you need to know about NECO 2023 GCE, how to register, closing date for application, cost, Exam Date and lots more… Pretty cool right? STAY TUNED✌
|Exam Type||SSCE External|
|Registration Start Date||11th September, 2023|
|Registration Deadline||13th November, 2023 at 12:00 midnight|
|Exam Start Date||Not Specified|
|Registration Cost||Seventeen Thousand Eight Hundred Naira (NGN17800)|
|Late-Registration||14th to 19th November, 2023|
Yearly, the National Examination Council (NECO) conducts exams for both Internal and External students, that for internal student, that is secondary School leavers is the most common
While for students registering for NECO without association to any School is referred to as NECO GCE. Anybody can register for this GCE Exam.
ARE YOU ON TELEGRAM? Subscribe To My Telegram Channel For Frequent Updates & Guide by clicking the "SUBSCRIBE NOW" button below.
This GCE Exam is conducted once a year (Nov/Dec), Shortly I will unravel all you need to know about this exam, what you have to do now is take a glass of water and read through diligently… ENJOY!!!
What Is NECO GCE?
NECO GCE is a certificate exam conducted by the Council, awarding grades ranging from A1 to F9 in the subjects they opted to sit for.
NECO SSCE External is conducted for candidates that have attempted and have deficiency(ies) to make-up.
Now that you know what WAEC GCE is about, let’s get you acquainted with other info on this.
Is NECO GCE Form Out?
Yes, NECO GCE Form for 2023/2024 is Out.
This means, Students interested in applying for NECO SSCE External can now proceed with the online and offline registration.
When Will NECO GCE Form Come Out?
Sales of GCE Form for NECO SSCE as announced by the council will commence September 11th, 2023.
The sales of this form spans for three months so as to allow students who may have had complications in the recently concluded NECO exams to register.
How Much Is NECO GCE Form 2023
To Register for NECO GCE, you are expected to pay NGN17,800 as registration fee using any of the payment option provided by the council.
The following are the approved fees for the examination and other related items:
|1.||Registration fees||17,800.00 Naira (Mandatory fee)|
|2.||Late registration||12,000.00 Naira per candidate|
|3.||Photo album||1,700.00 Naira per pair (Mandatory fee)|
|4.||Syllabus||1,500.00 Naira per copy|
|5.||Four figure table||250.00 Naira per copy|
Mode Of Payment
Students or cyber cafes are to visit http://www.neco.gov.ng and create an account using either their emails or phone numbers, activate the accounts and pay into the NECO TSA through any of the payment options;
- ATM Card
- Internet Banking
- Bank Branch
Requirements To Register For NECO GCE
If you wish to get NECO form for External Students, then you must have the following;
|S/N||REQUIREMENTS FOR NECO GCE|
|2.||BIO DATA; Gender, Disability, Marital Status, Maiden Name (if applicable), Date of Birth (DOB), Nationality and State of Origin. Note that your name must not be more than 40 characters, this includes spaces between the surname, first name and other name.|
|3.||Selected Exam Subjects|
|4.||Money For Registration (NGN17,800)|
|5.||Preferred Examination Town|
Approved Subjects for GCE NECO Exam
Students are to offer 3-4 subjects from their area of specialization and 1 elective outside their field of specialization provided the total number of subjects is not more than nine (9). The minimum number of subjects is eight (8).
- Agricultural Science
- Arabic Language
- Civic Education
- Christian Religious Studies
- Data Processing
- English Language
- Financial Accounting
- Further Mathematics
- Health Education
- Islamic Studies
- Physical Education
- Store Keeping
- Technical Drawing
If you have the requirements highlighted earlier, and know the subjects you want to sit for, you can then proceed with the following steps to kick start your registration.
How To Register For NECO GCE
Candidates who wish to sit for NECO External SSCE should follow the steps below to register;
- Create an Account: Create an account by visiting; https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng/ and click the “Register here” link
- Activate account: An activation link will be sent, Follow the instructions sent to your registered email to activate your account
- Login: Visit https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng/ use your registered email and password to login
- Make Payment: Click on the “Make payment” button to purchase quota. If your payment is successful, you will be issued an exam/ or four figure table quota
- Register Candidate Online: Register a candidate by providing biodata and subjects you wish to sit for.
- Locate Cafe Operator: To register, you have to visit one of the many operator points. Visit https://operator.neco.gov.ng to help find one near you.
- Capture Biometrics Offline: Go to the cafe nearest to you and capture fingerprint on the offline app. Once uploaded, you will be issued a photocard with your exam number, exam center and other details.
- Print Photocard: You can print photocard by:
- Clicking the photocard link on the offline app
- Clicking view photocard on the online app to print
Deadline To Register For NECO GCE
The Council has announced November 1st, 2023 as the deadline for NECO GCE registration
The Examination centres for each State have been grouped into Neighbourhoods, you are to select a Neighbourhood within the State where you intend to sit for the Exam and you will be assigned to a centre automatically within the selected neighbourhood after uploading their registration data online.
Visually Impaired Candidates
Visually impaired candidates are to register like everyone., however, they are to indicate the nature of their disability when making entry of their bio-data in the offline application during registration.
- The Registration fee, once paid, is non-refundable.
- WALK IN CANDIDATES can now register Six (6) hours to the Subject they intend to write.
- EXAMINATION CENTRE CANNOT BE EDITED after upload.
- Candidates or cybercafé operators should carefully follow the SSCE External link on http://www.neco.gov.ng for instructions on the registration procedure before embarking on the registration exercise.
- The use of reputable cyber cafes is highly recommended as the Council will not be liable for registration errors committed by candidates. Candidates should ensure that they cross-check all entries made by cyber cafes on their behalf, in the offline application before allowing the data to be uploaded online. Note: there is only one chance for correction once the candidate’s data is uploaded online.
- Candidates are entitled to ONE-TIME CORRECTION with a validity period of TWO WEEKS after upload.
- Note that:
- complete change of name will not be entertained.
- ONLY ONE out of these two: NAME (either Surname, First name or middle name) OR PASSPORT can be corrected in addition to other registration data.
- Note that:
- Candidates should study the Rules & Regulations as well as the Syllabus before the Examination.
- Candidates should note that the photograph uploaded during the registration will be embossed on their Certificates.
- Candidates would be informed about the viability of their centres at least a day before the date of the Examination.
- Smoking, bringing into the Examination Hall Electronic Communication Gadgets (Programmable Calculators, Mobile Phones, iPad, Tablets, Smart Wrist Watches/Glasses/Pens Etc) is strictly prohibited.
- Candidates should dress in mufti and no one will be allowed entry into the examination hall with arms
- Multiple registration is not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
- Please note that No candidate shall be allowed into the Examination Hall after the commencement of Examination.
NECO GCE form is out, and you can start applying following the steps shown to you here by visiting https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng/.
This is the lot I can take on this write-up, if you have any question or help, feel free to drop them using the comment box below.
Ensure to share this with friends on Facebook, Whatsapp, or any other social media network you can connect them with…
Related Searches... a. neco gce second series 2023 b. when is gce external ssce starting c. when is gce starting d. waec gce registration 2023