Convert B Pharm To Pharm D Degree: Is Pharm D better than B Pharm?. Can I get a Doctor of Pharmacy degree after B Pharm ?. In this write up I will spell out in details steps you can take to convert your B pharm degree to Pharm D. keep reading for details below…
It’s true the world of pharmacy in Nigeria has welcomed a new normal, both in the daily practice of the profession and the certificate / degree given to her student who wish to become Pharmacists.
Before now, graduates of the school of Pharmacy in Nigeria were awarded the Bachelor of Pharmacy degree but with the invent of the Doctor of pharmacy degree, Universities like UNIBEN, University of Jos are beginning welcome and adopt this program.
Conversion should be easy and seamless for B. Pharm graduates but the nature of things makes it a bit sketchy, after about 4 years of the introduction of the PharmD degree, only five Pharmacy schools out of the 20 accredited by NUC – National Universities Commission runs the Doctor of Pharmacy program.
For a run down of Universities running the Doctor of Pharmacy programme in Nigeria Click HERE
How To Convert B Pharm To Pharm D
The University of Benin (UNIBEN) ran a conversion program for Pharmacist with B pharm, but this was for lecturers of Pharmacy Student as well as hospital and community pharmacy preceptors that currently practice without PharmD, so as to be able to apply patient-centered approach in the education of pharmacy students.
This program was in collaboration with the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) and Nigerian Association of Pharmacists and Pharmaceutical scientists in the Americas (NAPPSA), and was for one academic session that is in the 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 academic sessions.
But things now are a bit different, currently you cannot apply for Pharm D Conversion directly expect through Part time. The procedure offered here is strictly for the University of Benin, follow the procedure in details before for easy grasp… Enjoy
Uniben Pharm D Conversion
As I mentioned before, the current process is through Part time and it is a three (3) years long program.
Ensure you have a valid Email address before you begin this process.
- First, you will have to visit Uniben website @Uniben.edu
- Then click on the ‘Student Portal’
- Click on the myuniben Portal
- Click on Online Application on the homepage to proceed.
- click on “Start a new application”, read the instruction and click on “continue”
- Fill in your personal data and Select “Programme Type” as Part-time Program, Faculty (Pharmacy), Department and Programme for both first and second choice courses.
- Click on “Pay with Card” to make application fee payment with either Visa or Master Card, follow the instruction to pay the application fee of N12,500.00 (The fee excludes other charges for Past questions and Portal Services of N2000.00). Application Number and Reference Number will be generated after successful payment and will be sent to the specified and functional “Email Address”,
- Upload a RECENT and CLEAR “1×1” COLOUR PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH WITH RED BACKGROUND IN JPEG FORMAT ONLY. NOTE that the photograph uploaded will be the only valid ID for all admitted candidates throughout their stay in the University of Benin. FAILURE TO UPLOAD THE SPECIFIED PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION and failure/forfeitures of admission.
- Preview and confirm your information before submitting your application online. (No correction will be accepted after the closing date).
- Print out an acknowledgement slip that contains your screening schedule.
Do note that this part time program would last for three (3) years.
Currently, sales of form for B Pharm conversion to Pharm D is not on sale, I will update you via this media when the form is out for sale.
This will be all for now, I understand you may have a question or two to ask, feel free to drop them using the comment box below!
Do well to share with your friends on Facebook, Whatsapp, or any other social media network you can connect them with…
Related Searches... a. bachelor of pharmacy to pharmd b. universities that offer pharm d in nigeria c. pharm d salary d. pharmd vs pharmacist e. pharmd programs