How To Do Jamb Correction Of Name, Deadline: I made a mistake in my name when I was registering for Jamb, is there a way I can correct it?, How to correct Mistake made in Jamb Name and other Bio-data?, when is the deadline to do Jamb correction of name and other data?.
In today’s write-up, I will show you how to do Jamb correction of Name on Jamb Portal for student who either just registered for this year Jamb or registered for Jamb years back. Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered.
Making error or mistakes is not new to us, we even have a saying that to “Err is Human“, but the real problem is not in making a mistake, the real problem is whether or not this can be corrected if made. Luckily for you, the answer is Yes, you can correct the mistake you made in your Name when registration for Jamb.
How to do this may be alien to you, but that is why I am here, In Today’s Episode of my Jamb doctor Series, I will try to demystify the process of Jamb correction of Name to you and answer other questions that may be related this like…
a. What is Jamb Correction of data deadline? b. Jamb Correction of Name 2015? c. Jamb Correction of Bio-data Online Portal? d. Can I still correct my wrong name I entered during Jamb Registration?
If at the end of this write-up I don’t completely satisfy the information you needed, feel free to use the comment box just below this post… ENJOY!!!
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN OTHER EPISODE FROM MY "JAMB DOCTOR SERIES" A. Is It Compulsory To Upload O’ level To Jamb B. How To Upload O’ level (WAEC, NECO & NABTEB) To Jamb C. 4 Solutions To Jamb “You are Not eligible to use this service” D. Difference Between WAEC, NECO And NABTEB E. How To Gain Admission Without Using Jamb F. Jamb CAPS 2022/2023: How to Accept Or Reject Admission G. How To Correct Mistake Made In Jamb Registration H. How To Gain Admission With Low Jamb Score (120 to 170) I. Meaning of Admission In Progress & Not Admitted On Jamb Caps J. How To Check Admission Status On Jamb & School Portal 2022/2023
Table of Contents
Jamb Correction Of Name
Jamb correction of name can be done for two category of students, these categories are
- Students who Registered for Jamb this year (2021) i.e for the current admission year
- and Students who registered for some years back, beginning from 2019 downward, that is 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 e.t.c
The method you use will be depending on the category you fall in, luckily for you, I will be discussing both method of Jamb correction of name here, all you have to do from your end is to sit back take a glass of chilled water as you join me in this Journey.
How To Apply To Correct Name in Jamb For 2021/2022?
Jamb has made it very easy for student who registered for Jamb in the current admission year (2021/2022), to be able to do this Jamb correction of name, you will need the sim you used when registering for Jamb and at least 50 Naira in the sim card, if you have these two things ready, then you can follow this guide.
This method is via USSD and you will need to slot that Sim into a working mobile phone to be able to use this method, that is, if of course the Sim was not in a phone before now. With all said and done, here is how to apply Jamb correction of Name using USSD (without data).
How To Correct Your Name In Jamb via USSD
To correct your name in Jamb, simply send a message containing your CORRECT FULL NAME (this time do well to double check so you won’t be making same mistake for the second time) to 55019 in this Format: SURNAME, FIRST NAME, MIDDLE NAME. with comma ” , “ in-between them
For example, ELENBALULU, GABRIEL, EBOSEREMHEN to 55019. Here, ELENBALULU is the Surname, GABRIEL is the Second name and EBOSEREMHEN.
LIKE I SAID BEFORE:
Good question, Students in this category will not use USSD to correct their name, instead they will have to the alternative method provided by Jamb to do Jamb Correction of Name, to be able to do this, you must have a device that can access the internet (Laptop or Phone), data and your Jamb Profile Email Address and Password.
If you don’t have Jamb profile login details, probably because as at the time you sat for Jamb they was no room for online student portal, they is no need to worry, because you can easily create a new account with Jamb and still follow this process.
How To Do Jamb Correction Of Name for 2019 downward
If the year you registered for Jamb is from 2019 downward, then you can follow this method to correct your name in Jamb, don’t worry, you can thank me later… This process will cost you 2, 500 Naira.
1. First, Visit Jamb Student Portal Website @ https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility_/
2. Next, You shall be required to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user. For existing users, simply type in your login details (correct email address and password. To create your profile, you will provide your valid email address, surname, first name, Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and password, then click on the Sign Up button. Each candidate is entitled to only one profile.
3. Subsequently, you shall use your email address and password to sign in.
4. Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
5. Select “Correction of Data”. This is available on the side bar
6. Once selected, the menu item “Names” will be revealed. Click this.
7. Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
8. Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
9. Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
10. On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
11. The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
12. Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
a. Year of Exam and
b. JAMB Registration Number
13. After entering the information correctly, your details will now appear.
14. Please provide the new information in the boxes provided.
15. After submission, an Indemnity Form will be displayed for printing.
16. This is to be filled and taken to your institution for Approval.
17. Your institution will be responsible for submission of the approved form to the JAMB state office.
18. Once received, the Approved form will be uploaded to your profile. You will receive a notification when this is done.
19. JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
If you found the above process a little fuzzy, then check out my step by step approach on how you can carry out the payment process yourself… Stay tuned.
Step By Step Guide On How To Pay for Jamb Correction of Name
Here is a step by step approach on how to pay for jamb correction of Name… Enjoy as I walk you through it!!!
- Visit Jamb Student Portal @ https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility_ as shown below
- You can click on the create an account button if you don’t already have a jamb profile account, otherwise fill the box with your correct Email address and Password and click on the Login button
- Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services. as shown below…
- Select “Correction of Data”. This is available on the side bar or on the Home page
- Select from the menu item Name.
- You will be taken to a page where you will be asked to fill in Your Exam year and Jamb registration number, fill in this information appropriately
- You will be taken to a “Payment Choice dashboard” where you will choose your preferred payment method (I would recommend you use remita)
- Select the “Pay with Remita” button
- preview this information, and make sure it correspond with the intended change you wish to make.
- “Confirm this Information“, you will be taken to the pay now page which is shown below, click on the pay now button.
- The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
- Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following: Year of Exam and JAMB Registration Number
- After entering the information correctly, your details will now appear.
- Please provide the new information in the boxes provided.
- After submission, an Indemnity Form will be displayed for printing.
- This is to be filled and taken to your institution for Approval.
- Your institution will be responsible for submission of the approved form to the JAMB state office, and the rest is history
GUESS WHAT, I HAVE COMPILED SOME TURORIALS TO HELP YOU WITH JAMB USE OF ENGLISH... A. How To Answer Questions On Emphatic Stress In Exams B. Tenses | Jamb Use Of English Tutorial 2021/2022 C. How To Pass Jamb 2022/2023 With High Score (300+) YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: A. Universities That Offers Pharmacy In Nigeria 2022 B. How To Gain Admission Without Using Jamb C. How To Recover Lost Jamb Profile Code, Email & Pin D. How Many Subjects Are Written In WAEC 2022 E. How To Upload O' level (WAEC, NECO & NABTEB) To Jamb F. How To Link Email Address To Jamb Profile 2022/2023 G. How Many Questions Will Jamb Set This Year 2022/2023 H. Jamb Mock Exam 2022/2023: All To Know About Jamb Mock I. How To Check Jamb Result 2022/2023 Using Phone (SMS & Online) J. How To Print Jamb Admission Letter 2022/2023 Yourself (All Years) K. NECO Timetable 2022/2023 June/July & Exam Date [Download Pdf]
Frequently asked Questions
Can I Edit My Jamb Profile
YES, you can Edit your Jamb Profile (Name, Date of birth, Gender and Course/Institution), but to be able to do this you must have access to the internet, you will also be required to pay a sum of 2500 Naira.
The steps to this have been explained in this post.
How Much To Correct Name In Jamb?
It will cost you about 2,500 Naira to do Jamb correction of Name, but this is only applicable to student that will be doing this themselves, If you go to a cybercafé they will charge you more for this.
What Is Deadline For Jamb Correction Of Name
There is no deadline for Jamb Correction of Data, but if you made an error in your name, you must change it before Admission process and clearance for students starts.
Mistakes made in your name while registering for Jamb can be correct either through USSD or Jamb Online Student Portal depending on the year you registered for Jamb.
I understand you may have a question or two, do not hesitate to drop them here using the comment box below
Ensure to share this with friends on Facebook, Whatsapp, or any other social media network you can connect them with…
a. how to reset jamb email b. how to change phone number on jamb profile c.jamb correction of email 2020 d. jamb portal