Jamb Use Of English Syllabus 2023/2024 Is Jamb Syllabus Use of English out for this year’s Jamb?, When will Jamb English syllabus be out?, Jamb English Syllabus 2023, What topics do Jamb set questions from in English the most in Jamb?, what is the most repeated topic in Jamb’s English?, download Jamb Use of English pdf.
Welcome SAVANT! to another exciting episode of my “Jamb Doctor Series“, in this episode I will provide you with the official topics recognize by Jamb, which Jamb expect you are a guru in before entering the hall to sit for your Jamb Use of English Exam. STAY TUNED!👌
Have you ever wondered where you can find the topics for English language (Use of English) Jamb normally asks or the most repeated topics or question in Jamb use of English? then you are a step away from finding your answer.
The short answer to the above question is “Jamb Syllabus”, in fact, Jamb Syllabus is the only expo you will be getting as you prepare for 2023/2024 UTME Exams, this syllabus contains area of concentrations and topics your questions will be asked from.
ARE YOU ON TELEGRAM? Why Not Subscribe To My Telegram "Jamb Doctor Channel" For Frequent Updates by clicking the "SUBSCRIBE NOW" button below.
Any smart students would cherish this piece (Syllabus) and make effective use of it, the fact that you are searching for this now simply means you are in the right direction. you should see my top notch guide on How To Pass Jamb 2023/2024 With High Score (300+) here.
For the sake of students who do not fully understand what Jamb syllabus is, I will give a brief explanation about this and then provide you with the relevant topics and focus area of concentration as provided in Jamb Use of English Syllabus.
I will also make the pdf available for download at the end of this write up… Enjoy!
What Is Jamb English Syllabus?
Jamb Syllabus for English is a collection of topics Jamb expects students to be well grounded in before they sit for their Use of English exam. If English Language is one of the subjects you will sit for in Jamb (which of course it is), you need this English syllabus.
This syllabus were actually compiled by Jamb, so it is something you can rely on.
The aim of the Unified Tertiary Examination Board Syllabus in use of English is to guide candidates in their preparation for the Board’s exam.
Advantages of Using Jamb English Syllabus To Prepare?
Of course using Jamb syllabus to prepare for Use of English in Jamb has its perks, some of these advantages includes…
- Expose you to topics you never taught were important
- You begin to see how Jamb thinks, and also expose you to what you should expects in different topics
- On the syllabus is also contained recommended textbooks, using Jamb recommended textbooks is key
With these I hope you will grab the opportunity of making good use of Jamb Use of English Syllabus I will be providing you with shortly…
GUESS WHAT, I HAVE COMPILED SOME TURORIALS TO HELP YOU WITH JAMB USE OF ENGLISH... A. How To Answer Questions On Emphatic Stress In Exams B. Tenses | Jamb Use Of English Tutorial 2023/2024 C. How To Pass Jamb 2023/2024 With High Score (300+) YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: A. Universities That Offers Pharmacy In Nigeria 2022 B. How To Gain Admission Without Using Jamb C. How To Recover Lost Jamb Profile Code, Email & Pin D. How Many Subjects Are Written In WAEC 2022 E. How To Upload O' level (WAEC, NECO & NABTEB) To Jamb F. How To Link Email Address To Jamb Profile 2022/2023 G. How Many Questions Will Jamb Set This Year 2022/2023 H. Jamb Mock Exam 2022/2023: All To Know About Jamb Mock I. How To Check Jamb Result 2022/2023 Using Phone (SMS & Online) J. How To Print Jamb Admission Letter 2022/2023 Yourself (All Years) K. NECO Timetable 2022/2023 June/July & Exam Date [Download Pdf]
Jamb Use Of English Syllabus
Jamb Use of English syllabus is designed to evaluate your ability to:
- Communicate effectively in both written and Spoken English; and
- use English language for learning at the tertiary level
Jamb Use of English Syllabus consists of three (3) sections:
- SECTION A: Comprehension and Summary
- SECTION B: Lexis and Structure
- SECTION C: Oral forms
Download your copy of the syllabus here👇
Below is a table containing detailed Jamb Use of English syllabus/Content
(i) Each of the two passages to be set (one will be a cloze test) should reflect various disciplines and be about 200 words long.
(ii) Questions on the passages will test the following:
(a) Comprehension of the whole or part of each passage.
(b) Comprehension of words, phrases, clauses, sentences, figures of speech and idioms as used in the passages.
(c) Coherence and logical reasoning (deductions, inferences, etc).
(d) The Life Changer by Khadija Abubakar Jalli
(e) Synthesis of ideas from the passages.
By synthesis of ideas is meant the art of combining distinct or separate pieces of information to form a complete whole.
|Candidates should be able to:|
i. identify main points/topic sentences in passages;
ii. determine implied meaning;
iii. identify the grammatical functions of words, phrases, clauses and figurative/idiomatic expressions;
iv. deduce or infer the writer’s intentions including mood, attitude to the subject matter and opinion.
|B. LEXIS AND STRUCTURE|
(d) clause and sentence patterns
(e) word classes and their functions
(f) mood, tense, aspect, number, agreement/concord, degree (positive, comparative and superlative) and question tags
(g) punctuation and spelling
(h) ordinary usage, figurative usage and idiomatic usage are to be tested.
Idioms to be tested shall be those that are formal and expressed in standard British English.
|Candidates should be able to:|
i. identify words and expressions in their ordinary, figurative and idiomatic contexts;
ii. determine similar and opposite meaning of words;
iii. differentiate between correct and incorrect punctuation and spelling;
iv. identify various grammatical patterns in use;
v. interpret information conveyed in sentences.
|C. ORAL FORMS|
(a) Vowels (monothongs and diphthongs
(b) Consonants (including clusters)
(c) Rhymes (including homophones)
(d) Word stress (monosyllabic and polysyllabic)
(e) Intonation (words emphatic stress)
Emphatic stress involves the placement of normal stress on words in an utterance for the purpose of emphasis.
|Candidates should be able to:|
i. make distinctions between vowel types;
ii. differentiate between consonant types;
iii. identify correct accentuation in individual words and connected speech.
Number of Questions Jamb Set In English
Below is a breakdown of how Jamb Sets Jamb Use of English Question for 2022/2023… Enjoy!
SECTION A: COMPREHENSION AND SUMMARY
|a||1 comprehension passage||5 questions|
|b||1 cloze passage||10 questions|
|c||1 reading text||10 questions|
SECTION B: Lexis and Structure
|a.||Sentence Interpretation||5 questions|
|d.||Basic Grammar||10 questions|
SECTION C: Oral Forms
|d.||Word Stress||2 questions|
|e.||Emphatic Stress||2 questions|
Total Number of Questions = 60
Jamb Use of English Recommended Text
Below is a list of Jamb Recommended Textbooks for 2023/2024 use of English Jamb
- Attah, M. O. (2013). Practice in Spoken English for Intermediate and Advanced Learners, Maiduguri: University of Maiduguri Press.
- Bamgbose, A. (2002). English Lexis and Structure for Senior Secondary Schools and colleges (Revised Edition), Ibadan: Heinemann
- Banjo, A. et al (2004). New Oxford Secondary English Course Book Six for Senior Secondary Schools, Ibadan: UP Plc.
- Caesar, O. J. (2003). Essential Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Lagos: Tonad Publishers Limited
- Daniel Jones (2011). Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Egbe, D. I (1996). Mastering English Usage and Communication Skills, Lagos: Tisons
- Elugbe, B. (2000). Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Ibadan: Heinemann
- Grant, N. J. H, Nnamonu, S. Jowitt, D. (1998). Senior English Project 3, (New Edition) Harlow: Longman
- Idowu, O. O, Sogbesan, T. S, Adofo, A. K. Burgess, D. F and Burgess, L. J. (1998). Round-up English: A Complete Guide, Lagos: Longman
- Idris, U. (2001). Oral English at Your Fingertips for Schools and Colleges, Lagos, M. Youngbrain Publishers
- Igiligi, E. C. and Ogenyi, S. O. (2010) Grammar and Composition in the G.S.M. Age, Enugu: Joe Hills Production Services
- Jauro, L. B. (2013). Oral English for Schools and Colleges: A teaching and Learning Approach, Yola: Paraclete Publishers.
- Nnamonu, S. and Jowitt, D. (1989). Common Errors in English, Lagos: Longman
- Obinna, M. F. (2001). University Matriculation Use of English, (Fourth Edition) Port Harcourt: Sunray Books Limited
- Ogunsanwo, O. Duruaku, A. B.C, Ezechukwu, J and Nwachukwu, U. I (2005). Countdown English Language, (Revised Edition), Ibadan: Evans
- Olatoye, S. (2006). The Silent Teacher, Ado-Ekiti: Segun and Sons Enterprises
- Oluikpe, B. O. A, Nnaemeka, B. A, Obah, T. Y, Otagburuagu, E. J. Onuigbo, S. and Ogbonna, E. A. (1998). Intensive English for Senior Secondary School 3, Onitsha: Africana – FIRST Publisher
- Tomori, S. H. O (2000). Objective Tests for School Certificate English: Practice in Lexis, Structure and Idiom (Reprinted Edition), Ibadan: Heinemann
- Ukwuegbu, C, Okoro, O., Idris, A. U., Okebukola, F. O. and Owokade, C. O. (2002). Catch-up English for SSCE/UME, Ibadan: Heinemann
And there you have it, the complete list of Jamb recommended textbooks
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I study for JAMB in English?
The topics you are to study for Jamb Use of English are Comprehension and Summary, Lexis and Structure and Oral forms which are all present in Jamb use of English syllabus.
Is JAMB English 2023/2024 syllabus out?
YES, Jamb Use of English syllabus for 2023/2024 is out and can be downloaded here
It is advisable you go through these topics listed here, as they would help you have a more directed preparation and reading for Jamb use of English.
This will be all for now, I understand you may have a question or two to ask, feel free to drop them using the comment box below!
Ensure to share this with friends on Facebook, Whatsapp, or any other social media network you can connect them with…
Related Searches... a. jamb english syllabus 2023 b. jamb english syllabus pdf c. jamb syllabus for english 2023/2024 pdf d. jamb syllabus for english 2022
JAMB SYLLABUS FOR OTHER SUBJECTS... A. Jamb English Syllabus B. Jamb Mathematics Syllabus C. Jamb Syllabus For Physics D. Jamb Chemistry Syllabus E. Jamb Syllabus For Biology F. Jamb Economics Syllabus G. Jamb Syllabus For Christian Religious Studies (CRS) H. Jamb government Syllabus I. Jamb Syllabus for Commerce J. Jamb Literature in English Syllabus