Gain Admission Without JAMB: How to gain admission without JAMB?, How to get admission without JAMB into University?, How to gain admission without writing JAMB?, How to gain admission after JAMB?, is it possible to gain admission without JAMB?, these and other similar questions will be answered here…
Hey SAVANT! welcome to today’s episode of my “Admission Guide Series“. Here I will show you other ways you can use to gain Admission without JAMB. This means that, any of the methods shown to you here would save you the stress of having to registering for JAMB, spending days, weeks or months preparing for the Exam and also Sitting for Post UTME for your School of choice… STAY TUNED!
Have you ever wondered if being admitted to any higher Institution of your choice (Whether University, Polytechnic or even Colleges of Education) was only possible through the use of JAMB, or you want to know if there are other ways you could try to gain admission to any University of your choice??…
…then you are definitely reading the right article. Yes, I agree the Journey is not quite a stress free one, and it is completely understandable if you are trying to look for a better alternative.
Read also: Universities That Gives Admission without JAMB 2023/2024
ARE YOU ON TELEGRAM? Why Not Subscribe To My Telegram "JAMB Doctor Channel" For Frequent Updates by clicking the "SUBSCRIBE NOW" button below.
But the truth is, there is no actual better alternative, except of course for those who have the financial strength to withstand any blow that comes their way which is not the case for all student.
I have taken out time to research real alternative that you can actually try to secure admission in any University of your choice without using JAMB.
Some of these programs are lengthy, some are stressful, some would give you time for yourself others may require you to have first written JAMB before or ran a program in the University before now, but at the end of the day, you would be in the best position to decide for yourself what option would work best for you.
Enough with the Chit Chat, lets get on with the essence of this article
…don’t worry, I will try to make this as fun as Possible, all you have to do is take of glass of water and read along. Enjoy!!!?
TURORIALS ON JAMB USE OF ENGLISH... A. How To Answer Questions On Emphatic Stress In Exams B. Tenses | JAMB Use Of English Tutorial 2023/2024 C. How To Pass JAMB 2023/2024 With High Score (300+) YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: A. Universities That Offers Pharmacy In Nigeria 2023 B. How To Gain Admission Without Using JAMB C. How To Recover Lost JAMB Profile Code, Email & Pin D. How Many Subjects Are Written In WAEC 2023 E. How To Upload O' level (WAEC, NECO & NABTEB) To JAMB F. How To Link Email Address To JAMB Profile 2023/2024 G. How Many Questions Will JAMB Set This Year 2023/2024 H. JAMB Mock Exam 2023/2024: All To Know About JAMB Mock I. How To Check JAMB Result 2023/2024 Using Phone (SMS & Online) J. How To Print JAMB Admission Letter 2023/2024 Yourself (All Years) K. NECO Timetable 2023/2024 June/July & Exam Date [Download Pdf]
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Can I Gain Admission Without JAMB?
Yes, Without JAMB you can still secure admission into the school and Course of your choice.
How you can do this will be discussed here shortly.
Read also: How Schools Conduct Post UTME For Admission
How To Gain Admission Without JAMB
I have Six (6) Proven ways you can get admission into any school of your choice without Using JAMB, but like I mentioned before, any method you choose should be based on that which is the most convenient for you.
I will try to highlight clearly their Pros and Cons so that deciding would be easier for you.
Below are the Six (6) Ways you can use to Gain Admission without JAMB…
- JAMB Direct Entry
- Other Direct Entry Method
- IJMB (Interim Joints Matriculation Board)
- JUPEB (Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board)
- NABTEB A’ Level
- Part Time (Ran By Most Universities in Nigeria)
- National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
- Private Universities
- Pre-degree Programmes
Now that you have known the ways you could use to gain admission without JAMB, I will now explain to you how it works.
These JAMB Alternative are as effective as JAMB but more expensive and sometime takes a longer time, but at the end of the day it gets the Job done.
Alternatives To JAMB
1. JAMB Direct Entry
This is coming up as the first, but does not mean it is the most efficient, Only student who already have their Bachelors in any degree from the University or finished from Polytechnics with their ND (National Diploma) or HND (Higher National Diploma) can be admitted this way.
Students with any of these certificate can apply through JAMB Direct Entry and get admitted if they perform very well to any Institution of their Choice to study any course. But this itself also have its disadvantages.
Read Also: Difference Between JAMB And Post UTME
1. Student admitted JAMB Direct entry will be admitted directly to 200 level, meaning you will not be starting from the beginning as a fresher
2. You already have a degree before now, so if things go south (that is, does not work out the way you planned) you can stick with what you have, moreover, a Bird in hand is better than a million in the bush.
3. JAMB Exam is not required for Direct Entry, only registration.
1. Although, you will not sit for JAMB Exam, some universities organize Post UTME for DE Students
2. You must have finished from an institution of higher learning with your Bsc or ND certificate.
3. Some courses require you graduate with a certain CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Aggregate) before you will be considered for admission.
2. Other Direct Entry Method
Most student have developed this PHOBIA for JAMB, in fact, the very name JAMB makes them tremble for some reasons best known to them.
Well, if you find yourself among this category of persons then you can try other Direct Entry aside JAMB Direct Entry.
This means, with this method your admission will be possible without registering for JAMB or sitting for any of the Exams, but then the problem with this methods is that it is quite expensive (not all though).
These other DE methods includes…
- IJMB (Interim Joints Matriculation Board)
- JUPEB (Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board)
- NABTEB A’ Level
1. IJMB (Interim Joints Matriculation Board)
The Interim Joints Matriculation Board, IJMB is a direct entry Advanced level program that runs for a period of two semesters, after which a successful IJMB student graduates into 200 level in the University through direct entry.
The good thing about this program is that all courses are available for IJMB programme.
But before you can qualify for IJMB, there are certain qualifications you must have, like a minimum of five (5) Credits in relevant O’ level subjects from WAEC, NECO or NABTEB in not more than two sittings. Students with awaiting result can also apply for the IJMB programme.
This Program is controlled/regulated by the IJMB headquarters, Ahmadu Bello University, ABU, Zaria together with JAMB-approved moderators at the approved IJMB affiliated institutions.
Lectures on IJMB programme are guided by the approved IJMB syllabus and the contents of the IJMB syllabus cover University 100 level syllabus and above, which must be taught within a period of two semesters.
How To Apply For IJMB
There are centers that run this program, you can look for any centre that runs the program in your state and apply
2. JUPEB (Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board)
The Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board, JUPEB is similar to IJMB but controlled by a different University, the University of Lagos.
It is a national examinations body approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria in December 2013.
The board has the responsibility of conducting common and standard examinations for the candidates, who have been exposed to a minimum of one-year approved courses in the different Universities’ Foundation and/or Diploma Programmes and seeks Direct Entry admissions into University courses at the 200 Level in Nigerian and partnering foreign universities.
JUPEB wish to state clearly that:
- ONLY approved JUPEB University Centres are authorized to advertise JUPEB programmes on their University websites.
- ONLY approved JUPEB University Centres have the means to register candidates for JUPEB examinations.
- JUPEB does not have any relationship with these FAKE/ILLEGAL websites/platforms. No JUPEB candidate should patronize them.
- Illegal JUPEB websites/platforms will be sued and prosecuted.
- Any candidate that patronizes these FAKE/ILLEGAL websites/platforms does it at his/her own risk.
- Please note that JUPEB Management will NOT take responsibility for any loss.
How To Apply For JUPEB
JUPEB unlike IJMB is done by Universities alone, so you choose your desired University from the Universities that are affiliated with JUPEB based on convenience, location, cost. The form cost N10,000.
For more information on this, you can visit her official website @https://jupeb.edu.ng/
3. NABTEB A’ Level
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board – JAMB has rejected NABTEB’s Advanced Level (NAGCE) as an entry requirement for Direct Entry (DE) into tertiary institutions.
Nabteb A’level certificate/result is different from her sister certificate (Nabteb O’level) in so many ways. A’ Level Nabteb stands for Advanced Level Nabteb, the primary purpose of this exam is to cater for student who wish to gain admission into the University of their choice but have not been able to do so through JAMB.
Therefore, you can confidently say that Nabteb A Level serves as another JAMB alternative.
Nabteb A’ level program has approve study centres, when you attend lectures in any of the approved Nabteb A’ Level Study center and pass, you will be able to combine the result with the Direct Entry form and use it to gain admission into 200 level.
This program is quite similar to IJMB and JUPEB. HERE you will see list of Universities that accepts NABTEB A’ Level Result.
The advantage of this other methods of direct entry is that…
- Direct Admission into any University of your choice starting from 200 Level
- Student who registers for any of these programs will not have any need to write JAMB except they want to.
- This method of gaining admission is quite expensive, and your admission is not guaranteed except you excel very well during the course of your semester
- Although you may not be sitting for JAMB, each of the governing body will at the end of the day organize Exam for her student.
3. Part Time
This is another method you can use to gain admission without JAMB.
Most Universities run part time program for students who may be interested, with Part Time there would be no need to sit for JAMB, all you have to do is get the form when the sales is on and applied for your desired course if available.
Part time courses in Nigerian Universities are designed for students who can’t enroll into full time programmes due to their nature of work or other engagement.
This program has been fashioned in such a way that, students enroll for part time programmes will spend a little more years than students that enroll for full time programmes.
This is because the number of hours for classes in a week is shorter compared to full time student.
- Student need not sit for JAMB to be admitted into Part Time Program
- The Program is not as expensive as JUPEB and IJMB and other direct entry Programs.
- Shorter hours for classes in a week, mostly evening, giving you room to partake in other activities during the day.
- Student spend longer in the University that their Full time counterparts
- Not all courses can be studied through Part Time, courses such as Pharmacy, Medicine and surgery, Nursing and other professional courses cannot be studied through Part-Time
- Not all Universities are approved to run Part Time program.
4. National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
This is one of the surest ways to gain admission without JAMB, NOUN is a Federal Open and Distance Learning (ODL) institution in Nigeria. I know you may be in doubt about how prestigious the University is, well, it might interest you to know that National Open University is one of the top leading Universities in Nigeria and the good thing is, you don’t need JAMB.
How To Apply To NOUN
- An applicant for undergraduate admission into NOUN is normally expected to have a minimum of 5 O-level credits including English Language and Mathematics.
- Additional requirements might apply for some programmes and these can be viewed after selecting the Programme and entry level at the Faculty’s admission page.
- To apply for a programme, select the Faculty, choose the programme and entry level so that the View Requirement button is enabled. Clicking this button will reveal the corresponding entry requirement and enable the Apply button on the pre-payment application page.
- Fill in all the remaining details on the page before submitting.
- On successful submission of the pre-payment form, you are redirected to Remita to obtain an RRR invoice which should be used to effect payment for the application form.
- An applicant who pays online using a payment card will automatically obtain the online form which must be filled before submission.
- Applicants who pay through a bank branch must click on Continue after payment… and enter their Unique ID and RRR. They are also given the opportunity to change the Programme applied for.
- Applicants who had paid using an RRR generated last semester or earlier must restart the application process upto the point when they are re-directed to remita. They should now use the newly generated UniqueID with the old RRR used for payment when they click Proceed after payment.
- In all cases a successful payment will lead to the generation of an online application form which should be filled before submission online. The admission process is automated and the outcome is virtually instantaneous!
- To qualify for admission into any of the postgraduate programmes of the University, a candidate must meet, among others, all matriculation requirements of at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics. Some programmes accept at least a pass in Mathematics.
- For Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, Candidates must possess either a minimum of pass Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN OR a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Lower Credit. For the Postgraduate Diploma in Legislative Drafting, the candidate must have been called to the Bar. Also for admission into the school of Business and Human Resource Management Postgraduate Diploma programmes, candidates with professional qualifications such as ACA, ACIS, ACIB, ACII, ACIA, etc may be considered on individual merit.
- For Master degree programmes, candidates must possess either a Bachelors Degree with a minimum of second class lower in the relevant field of study from a University recongnised by the Senate of the NOUN. However, holders of lower classification and with a minimum of 2 years of relevant post-qualification experience may be considered on individual merit OR a Postgraduate Diploma in related field of study from a recongnised University OR A Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit in the relevant field of study. Candidate with membership certificate of relevant professional bodies may apply for the Master of Business (MBA) programme.
- For the Doctor of Philosophy Degree prorammes, candidates must possess a masters degree in relevant field of study from a University recongised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
No need to thank me, what are friends for, lol.
5. Private Universities
It might interest you to know that most private Universities in Nigeria admit student without JAMB, you can constructively look out for those private Universities that you can gain admission without JAMB.
Private Universities That Give Admission without JAMB
- Achievers University, Owo
- Adeleke University, Ede
- Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti,Ekiti State
- African University Science & Technology, Abuja
- Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan
- Al Hikmah University, Ilorin
- American University Of Nigerian, Yola
- Babcock University, Ilishn Remo
- Baze University
- Bells University Of Technolgy, Otta
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Bingham University, New Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Caritas University, Enugu
- CETEP City University, Lagos
- Covenant University, Ota
- Crawford University Igbesa
- Crescent University
- Elizade University, Ilara Mokin
- Evangel University, Akaeze Mountain University, Osogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu State
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Igbinedion University Okada
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji Arakeji
- Kastina University, Kastina
- Landmark University, Omu Aran
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- Madonna University
- Macpherson University, Seriki Sotaya, Ajebo
- Nigerian Turkish Nile University, Abuja
- Novena University, Ogume
- Obong University, Ipetumodu, Osun State
- Pan African University, Lagos
- Paul University Awka Anambra State
- Redeemers University, Mowe
- Renaissance University, Enugu
- Rhema University, Obeama Asa Rivers State
- Salem University, Lokoja
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa
- Southwestern University, Oku Owa
- Tansian University, Umuya
- University Of Mkar, Mkar
- Veritas University
- Wellspring University, Evbuobanosa Edo State
- Wesley Univ. Of Science & Tech., Ondo
- Western Delta University, Oghara
- Wukari Jubilee University, Wukari
6. Pre-degree Programmes
This is also called Remedial programs. They are offered by many universities and it is formulated to support student for admission.
After completing the program which usually lasts for 7-12 months, the successful candidates are admitted into relevant undergraduate degree courses in the school they did the program.
MORE FROM "POST UTME TOOLKIT SERIES" A. Required Subjects To Write In Post UTME B. Universities That Do Not Write Post UTME 2021/2022 C. Difference Between JAMB And Post UTME D. How Schools Conduct Post UTME For admission E. How To Answer Post UTME Aptitude Test Questions F. How To Gain Admission With Low JAMB Score (120 to 170) G. JAMB Caps Login: How To Login & Check Admission Status H. WAEC Result Checker: How To Check Waec Result Online I. How To Change JAMB Email Address For JAMB Profile J. JAMB Subject Combination For All Courses (Science, Art & Social Science)
To gain admission without JAMB can be done either through JAMB Direct entry, IJMB, JUPEB, NABTEB A’ level, Part time, Predegree Programs or applying to NOUN or other private University. Whatever method you decide to choose should be based on what is convenient for you and that which suite your purpose. Enjoy the rest of your day.
This will be all for now, I understand you may have a question or two to ask, feel free to drop them using the comment box below!
Ensure to share this with friends on Facebook, Whatsapp, or any other social media network you can connect them with…
Related Searches... a. how to gain admission without jamb b. can I gain admission without c. schools that give admission without choosing them in jamb d. poly that offer admission without jamb
WAEC AND JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR COURSES 1. Accounting 2. Computer Science 3. Pharmacy 4. Mechanical Engineering 5. Electrical Engineering 6. Chemical Engineering 7. Computer Engineering 8. Medicine And Surgery 9. Nursing 10. Optometry 11. Physiotherapy 12. Radiography 13. Veterinary Medicine 14. Anatomy 15. Medical Biochemistry 16. Medical Laboratory Science 17. Dentistry And Dental Surgery 18. Physiology 19. Civil Engineering 20. Agricultural Engineering 21. Industrial Engineering 22. Marine Engineering 23. Mechatronics Engineering 24. Petroleum Engineering 25. Metallurgical And Materials Engineering 26. Production Engineering 27. Structural Engineering 28. Biochemistry 29. Botany 30. Chemistry 31. Geology 32. Law 33. Quantity Surveying 34. Architecture 35. Banking And Finance 36. Business Administration 37. Mass Communication 38. Microbiology 39. Public Administration 40. Political Science 41. Theatre Arts 42. Zoology 43. Statistics 44. Actuarial Science 45. Adult Education 46. Agricultural Economics 47. Agricultural Science And Education 48. Agriculture 50. Animal and Environmental Biology 51. Business Education 52. Computer Education 53. Early Childhood Education 54. Economics And Statistics 55. Education And Biology 56. Education And Chemistry 57. Education And Computer Science 58. Education And Economics 59. Education And Edo Language 60. Education and English Literature 61. Education And French 62. Education And Geography 63. Education And History 64. Education And Integrated Science 65. Education And Mathematics 66. Education And Physics 67. Education And Political Science 68. Education And Religious Studies 69. Education And Social Studies 70. Education Fine And Applied Art 71. Education Psychology And Curriculum Studies 72. Education Administration 73. Education Management 74. English Language And Literature 75. Entrepreneurship 76. Environmental Education 77. Estate Management 78. Environmental Management And Toxicology 79. Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Art 80. Fisheries 81. Forestry And Wildlife 82. French 83. Geography And Regional Planning 84. Guidance And Counselling 85. Health Education 86. History 87. Home Economics And Education 88. Human Kinetics 89. Industrial Chemistry 90. Industrial Mathematics 91. Industrial Physics 92. Industrial Relations And Personnel Management 93. Industrial Technical Education 94. Insurance 95. International Studies And Diplomacy 96. Language and Linguistics 97. Linguistics 98. Library And Information Science 99. Marketing 100. Mathematics 101. Mathematics Economics 102. Music 103. Philosophy 105. Physical Education 106. Physics 107. Pure And Applied Mathematics 108. Science Laboratory Science
Can I use a subject grade for the following year even if I did not enroll the subject?
Yes Ephraim, you can
Can I merge waec of last year with the one I will write this year and my neco of last year or with the neco of this year too instead of the waec of this year?