Jamb Regularization (late application 2022/2023): Is Jamb Regularization Compulsory for Students?, Who needs to do Jamb Regularization?, How Long does late application (Jamb regularization) take?, What are the requirements for Jamb regularization?, how to do Jamb regularization yourself.
Hello SAVANT! welcome to another exciting episode of my “Tutortainment Series“, here I will show you everything you need to know about Jamb regularization process, such as how to go about it, how much it will cost you e.t.c, Consequently, I will provide answers to the questions highlighted above, pretty cool right?, STAY TUNED!👌
The Joint admission and matriculation Board (JAMB) is in charge of all tertiary education admission, and as such, all admission to any University, Polytechnic or College of Education, whether Public or Private is regulated by Jamb, but then, we know that it is also possible for students to get admission into any school they want with passing through Jamb.
ARE YOU ON TELEGRAM? Why Not Subscribe To My Telegram "Jamb Doctor Channel" For Frequent Updates by clicking the "SUBSCRIBE NOW" button below.
If Jamb actually regulates all admission offered to students, what then happen to students that were granted admission, but the admission did not pass through Jamb?🤷♀️
Good Question, students under this category, that is, students that gained admission through IJMB (Interim Joint Matriculation Board), JUPEB (Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board), Part time, pre-degree program e.t.c will have to do what we call LATE APPLICATION, otherwise known as JAMB REGULARIZATION.
So yes, the admission was not through Jamb, but when push comes to shove, Jamb still have to regularize the admission, else you will not be able to enjoy some benefits such as; Print Jamb admission letter (a vital document for clearance), Apply for NYSC e.t.c.
Enough with the chit chat, let’s get into the discussion proper…
I will explain to you what Jamb regularization is all about, the requirements for Regularization, how you can go about the regularization process and answer some frequently asked questions, all you have to do now is sit back and read through diligently, ENJOY!😎
Table of Contents
What Is Jamb Regularization?
The Word “Regularization” according to Word web is ‘The act of bringing to uniformity; making regular‘, with respect to admission processing, Jamb Regularization/late Application is the process whereby the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) officially recognize the admission offered to a student that was not initially processed by board…
By so doing, the student get issued Jamb Registration Number and can also now pay and print his/her Jamb Admission letter.
Who Is Eligible For Jamb Regularization
Jamb regularization is definitely not for all students, to be eligible for Jamb late application (Regularization) you must be in any of the category below…
1. Students Whose Admission Is through direct entry (JUPEB, IJMB);
for these students, they will have to first register with Jamb, so even when they will not necessarily sit for any Exam, it is expedient that their details is first submitted to Jamb.
2. Part-Time Student
Admission to part-time program do not require Jamb processing or result, this is locally carried out by the school (University or Polytechnic) and as such, when the time is right you will have to regularize the admission offered to you with Jamb.
It is only through Regularization can go for NYSC as a Part Time student, so if you don’t do Jamb late Application, you will encounter difficulty when processing for NYSC.
The next category of students that need to apply for Jamb Regularization are…
3. HND Students
After successfully completing your two (2) years of ND in any polytechnic, the next course of action for most student is to apply for HND, and for your HND admission to be recognized by Jamb, you must first do Jamb Regularization…
…although some schools may require you do this after completion of your HND program, others may prefer doing this prior to your admission.
4. Those Offered Admission To A Different Course In Jamb
If the course you were admitted into was not what you filled when registering for Jamb, then you will need to also apply for JAMB LATE APPLICATION, but this is only applicable to student who gained admission from 2017 downwards, from 2018 upward, all you have to do is to apply for Jamb change of Course.
I guess with this, you can now tell if you fall under the category of students that need to do Jamb Regularization, well, if you did, then you can follow the guide below on the right steps to take to get this done… ENJOY!✌
How Much To Do Jamb Regularization?
The amount to pay for this service is dependent on whether or not you already have Jamb Registration Number…
…students with Jamb Registration Number will pay FIVE THOUSAND NAIRA (N5000), while student without Jamb registration Number (that is, students that did not get admission same year they registered for Jamb) will pay Ten thousand Naira (10,000).
What Are The Requirements For Jamb Regularization?
If you wish process Jamb late Application (Regularization), then you must have the following…
|1.||Jamb Registration Number (For those who gained admission the year they registered for Jamb but the admission was not through Jamb).|
|2.||Five thousand Naira (NGN5,000) for students with Jamb registration Number, Ten Thousand Naira (NGN10000) for Students without Jamb Registration Number.|
|3.||O’ Level Result (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB|
|4.||Student’s Personal Information such as, Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Marital Status, Email Address, Phone Number e.t.c (Make sure these information are correct before proceeding)|
|5.||Student’s Admission/School Information (Course admitted into, School of Admission, Head Of Institution, Registrar, Matriculation Number, Matriculation Year, Graduation List)|
|6.||Your Jamb Result (Only if you sat for Jamb in the Year of the Admission)|
Now that we know the requirements to process Jamb late Application, let’s now discuss how you can go about the process.
How To Do Jamb Regularization
There are two ways you can do Jamb Regularization for NYSC, HND or Direct Entry, they include…
- Jamb Regularization Processed At Jamb Office (Recommended)
- Jamb Late Application By Student’s through the Student’s Online Portal
Jamb Regularization Processed At Jamb Office
If you have the requirements I mentioned Earlier👆 you can proceed with the following steps to get this done…
- Visit any Of Jamb Offices Closest to You (You can find list of Jamb offices in Nigeria here)
- Go with all your necessary information and the Requirements highlighted here
- When you get to Jamb’s Office, tell them why you are there, you will be assigned an official that will attend to you (If you wrote Jamb in the year of admission, the Jamb registration number on your result slip will be used to regularize your admission)
- Next, make payment
- Your regularization process will be initiated by the Jamb official, once your information are confirmed your indemnity form will be printed and given to you.
- Fill the Indemnity form appropriately and take it to the school where you were offered admission
- Your School will be responsible for submission of the approved form to the JAMB state office.
- Once Jamb receives your approved form, it will be uploaded to your Jamb profile
- A notification will be sent to you via Mail when this is done
- JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
Aside processing your Jamb late application at an approved CBT center, you can also do this yourself through Jamb Student’s Portal, but this option is only limited to Students with Jamb Registration Number.
If you Registered Jamb the Year of your Admission, then you also have this option…
2. Jamb Late Application Through Student’s Online Portal
- First, Login to your Jamb profile @efacility.jamb.gov.ng/Login
- Select “Condonement of Illegal Admission“. This is available on the side bar
- Once selected, the menu item “Condonement (with Registration Number) and Condonement (without Registration Number)” will be revealed. Click on “with Registration number”.
- Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
- Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
- Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
- On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
- The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
- Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Year of Exam and
- JAMB Registration Number
- After entering the information correctly, the application form will be displayed. You are to fill the application form online. Take note of mandatory fields.
- Click Submit to complete your application
- After submission, an Indemnity Form will be displayed for printing.
- This is to be filled and taken to your institution for Approval.
- Your institution will be responsible for submission of the approved form to the JAMB state office.
- Once received, the Approved form will be uploaded to your profile. You will receive a notification when this is done.
- JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
And that is all.
Now that we have applied for Jamb Regularization the next big question is, how do we know if the Application was approved?
How To check Jamb Regularization Approval Status?
You can check Jamb Regularization Approval Status by checking for approval mail on your Email or by checking your Jamb Admission Status following the steps below…
- Login to Jamb Portal @efacility.jamb.gov.ng/Login with your Correct Email and Password
- Once logged in, Locate the check admission Status and click on it
- Select your Exam Year and Enter your JAMB Registration Number
- Finally, click on ‘Check Admission Status‘ to check your Jamb admission status.
If your course of study shows, it means your Jamb Late Application was approved by Jamb, you can then proceed to print your Jamb admission letter.
If your admission status did not change, keep checking your email/admission status.
This is the lot I can take on this topic, I will now attempt to answer some frequently asked questions on tis topic… STAY TUNED!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Jamb Regularization Compulsory?
Yes, Jamb Regularization is compulsory for students whose admission was not through Jamb, because without it, you cannot process your NYSC application and print Jamb admission letter.
How Long Does It Take Jamb To Approve Regularization?
Typically, this process is completed within 24 hours after your stamped indemnity form has been received by Jamb.
Is Jamb Regularization Ongoing?
YES, Jamb late application is currently ongoing, and as such if you want to process your Regularization for Jamb, you can follow the detailed guide shown to you here.
Is Jamb Still Doing Jamb Regularization
YES, Regularization in Jamb is a Year in Year Out exercise, which means there is no deadline to do your Jamb Regularization.
You can carry out your Jamb regularization proceedings at any Jamb Office closest to you, students without Jamb registration Number will pay higher than those who gained admission in the year of their Jamb registration.
This will be all for now, I understand you may have a question or two to ask, feel free to drop them using the comment box below!
Ensure to share this with friends on Facebook, Whatsapp, or any other social media network you can connect them with…
Related Searches... a. jamb regularization admission letter b. jamb regularization list c. jamb regularization portal 2022 d. jamb regularization news e. how to check jamb regularization