Universities that offers pharmacy in Nigeria: How many Universities offers pharmacy in Nigeria?, Is DELSU offering Pharmacy?. Do you have the intension of studying pharmacy but not sure of Schools in Nigeria (Both Federal and State) that offers it? then you are certainly reading the post.
Pharmacy is one of the most sought after course in Nigerian Universities being that there are few Universities approved to offer this course and the numerous opportunities that awaits students in this field.
The complete list of these few Universities that offers Pharmacy is what I shall be taking you through today, so I would recommend you sit back, take a glass of chill water and ride with me.
Read also: How To Resolve JAMB CAPS Showing Blank 2021
Just so you know, unlike other programs offered by Universities in Nigeria, Pharmacy is quite different in the sense that these Universities upon graduation will not give you the same degree upon graduation.
Currently there are two degrees in Pharmacy at bachelor level, they are…
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree (Pharm D)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree (B Pharm)
The difference between these two is that, while one is more clinically oriented (Pharm D) the other (B Pharm) focuses more on Drug production and delivery.
In Nigeria currently Pharm D is the not the minimum to practice as a pharmacist, B Pharm is, and not all Universities in Nigeria offer Pharm D, only about five (5) of all the about 25 universities offering Pharmacy offers Pharm D.
This is a bit understandable because running Pharm D is expensive and not all schools are ready to add that cost to their list of expenses.
One disadvantage of applying to schools that offers Pharm D is the competition in those Universities, well we expected nothing less since only few Universities in Nigeria offers it.
Well, enough of the Chit Chat, below you will find the complete list of Universities that offers Pharmacy in Nigeria.
Universities That Offers Pharmacy
Out of over a hundred (100) University in Nigeria, only Twenty (20) offers Pharmacy and are approved by PCN, these Universities includes…
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna State
- Gombe State University, Gombe, Gombe State
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto State
- University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Edo State
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State
- University of Maiduguri,Maiduguri, Borno State
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State
- University of Benin, Benin City, Edo State
- University of Uyo,Uyo, Akwa Ibom State
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Sagamu, Ogun State
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State
- University of Jos, Jos, Plateau State
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State
- University of Lagos, Lagos, Lagos State
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State
The above list is of both Federal, State and Private Universities that offers pharmacy.
In order to qualify to study Pharmacy in these Universities you must meet up with their required Jamb and School Cut off mark, and also have the right O’ level subject Combination having a minimum of credits in your core five (5) courses.
What Is Jamb Score To Study Pharmacy
Jamb score to study pharmacy differs from University to University, which means scoring 250 may be enough to study Pharmacy in DELSU but may not be good enough to study Pharmacy in UNIBEN, and not just that this score varies, it can also change.
So you may have the University of Benin pegging cut off mark for admission into Pharmacy at 260 and then 270 the other year, what actually determines this score is the general performance of student, so if student perform well then the score will be high but if student perform poorly then this mark will be low.
To be on a safer side, a Jamb score of 280 and above should do the trick for all universities and of course great performance in your O’ level for Universities conducting screening and scoring high in Post UTME for universities conducting Post UTME.
This will be all for now, I understand you may have a question or two to ask, feel free to drop them using the comment box below!
Do well to share this with friends on Facebook, Whatsapp, or any other social media network you can connect them with…
- list of state universities offering pharmacy in nigeria
- universities that offer pharmacy in nigeria
- universities that offer pharmacy in nigeria and their cut-off mark
- list of private universities that offer pharmacy in nigeria