WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination For Architecture: What are the JAMB Subject combination to study Architecture in Nigeria?, Must I pass Maths in WAEC to study Architecture?, what subjects are needed to study Architecture?
Hello SAVANTS! welcome to today’s episode of my “JAMB doctor Series” in this episode, you will see the correct Waec and JAMB Subject combination for Architecture, you will also see Direct entry requirement to study Architecture through JAMB, JUPEB and IJMB, pretty cool right?… STAY TUNED!
For everyone who plans to study Architecture in Nigeria, it is important and necessary you know the subjects that are required to becoming a Architect in Nigeria.
I have seen cases, where students who wish to study a particular course go ahead to register the wrong subject combination in JAMB and in their O’level (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) simply because they were not well informed and would later start searching for means with which they can correct the mistake.
ARE YOU ON TELEGRAM? Subscribe To My Telegram Channel For Frequent Updates & Guide by clicking the "SUBSCRIBE NOW" button below.
Luckily for you, with the aid of this guide you will be fully endowed with the required WAEC and JAMB Subject combination to study Architecture in any University in Nigeria, mind you, this subject combination is the same for all Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
So, irrespective of the school you want to study in (UNIBEN, UI, UNILAG, DELSU e.t.c) these are the subjects you must enroll and pass to be eligible for admission to study Architecture in Nigeria.
If you must study Architecture in Nigeria you must first get a minimum of five (5) credits in your O’ level (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) core courses and enroll four (4) subjects in JAMB which you should score at least 220 to increase your chances of admission. P.S; See JAMB Cut off mark for all Schools
JAMB SYLLABUS FOR OTHER SUBJECTS... A. JAMB English Syllabus B. JAMB Mathematics Syllabus C. JAMB Syllabus For Physics D. JAMB Chemistry Syllabus E. JAMB Syllabus For Biology F. JAMB Economics Syllabus G. JAMB Syllabus For Christian Religious Studies (CRS) H. JAMB government Syllabus I. JAMB Syllabus for Commerce J. JAMB Literature in English Syllabus K. JAMB Computer Studies Syllabus
What Are The Subjects Required To Study Architecture
The subjects Required to study Architecture in Nigeria are…
- English Language
Mathematics: Maths as a subject is one every student must offer right from primary school up till secondary school, this subject is required as a core subject for your O’ level exams like WAEC, NECO, NABTEB or GCE.
For JAMB, Mathematics is also a compulsory subject. But Chemistry is not required in jamb to study Architecture (it can be replaced with the likes of Any three (3) of Geography, Art, Biology and Economics), but it is compulsory in your O’ level.
Other Subjects: English Language Physics and Mathematics are required for both JAMB and your O’ level if you must study Architecture.
JAMB and WAEC Subjects to study Architecture
To Study Architecture, the following subjects will be enrolled for JAMB and WAEC…
JAMB Subject Combination For Architecture
The four (4) subjects you must enroll in JAMB (with JAMB use of English compulsory irrespective of the course you intend to study) for Architecture, are…
- Use of English
- Mathematics and
- any of Chemistry, Geography, Art, Biology and Economics.
To be assured of admission, you will need to score very high in JAMB, let’s say 250 and above. P.S; you should see my ultimate guide on How To Pass JAMB 2024/2025 With High Score (300+)
WAEC Subject Combination For Architecture
Unlike JAMB, you will be required to sit for a minimum of Eight subjects (8) and a maximum of nine (9), out of this Nine or Eight subjects, five are core subjects specific for the course you wish to study which in this case is Architecture.
In WAEC, core subjects to study Architecture are…
- English Language
- Chemistry and
- any of Fine Art, Geography or Wood Work, Biology, Economics, Technical Drawing, Further. Mathematics., Introduction to Building Construction, Bricklaying/Block laying, Concreting, Wall, Floors and Ceiling Finishing, Joinery, Carpentary, Decorative Painting, Lining, Sign and Design, Wall Hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing, Ceramics, Graphics Design, Graphic Printing, Basic Electricity.
The remaining three (3) or four (4) subjects will be determined by you.
Mind you: This subject combination for waec is applicable for all O’ level exams such as NECO, NABTEB e.t.c
By core I mean subjects that lean directly to your field. Failure to pass these core courses can deny a student admission.
Requirements To Study Architecture Through Direct Entry
Student who which to study Architecture through direct entry should have either of the following requirements…
- Through IJMB; Read more on IJMB Admission system here
- Through JUPEB; Read more on JUPEB Admission system here
- JAMB DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes chosen from Mathematics or Physics and Chemistry, Geography or Fine Arts.
- ND/HND upper credits in relevant field.
List Of Universities That Offers Architecture
Not all Universities in Nigeria offers Architecture, to help you guide your choice, I have provided you with the list of Universities that offers Architecture in Nigeria…
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Anambra State University, Uli
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota
- Crescent University, Abeokuta
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu
- Federal University Of Technology Minna
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri
- Federal University, Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Imo State University, Owerri
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna
- Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil
- Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology, Port Harcourt
- Tansain University, Oba, Anambra State
- University Of Benin, Benin City
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University Of Jos, Jos
- University Of Lagos
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka
- University Of Uyo
Frequently Asked Questions
To study Architecture you need to sit for four (4) subjects in JAMB which are Use of English, Physics, Mathematics and any of Chemistry, Geography, Art, Biology and Economics, and have at least credits (C6) in your Five (5) core courses in WAEC which includes: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any other suitable science subject.
⚠️ If you are viewing this table ? with your mobile phone, do well to activate desktop mode on your browser to be able to view this table properly!
|DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT||UTME REQUIREMENT||SUBJECTS|
|Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes chosen from Mathematics or Physics and Chemistry, Geography or Fine Arts.||Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any of Fine Art, Geography or Wood Work, Biology, Economics, Technical Drawing, Further. Mathematics, Introduction to Building Construction, Bricklaying/Block laying, Concreting, Wall, Floors and Ceiling Finishing, Joinery, Carpentary, Decorative Painting, Lining, Sign and Design, Wall Hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing, Ceramics, Graphics Design, Graphic Printing, Basic Electricity.||Any three (3) of Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Biology and Geography.|
|ND/HND upper credits in relevant field.|
This will be all for now, do you have a question or two, or want to share your thoughts on this?, feel free to drop your comments using the comment box below.
Do well to share this with friends on Facebook, Whatsapp, or any other social media network you can connect them with using the share buttons below…
Related Searches... a. jamb subject combination for architecture in unilag b. waec subjects for architecture c. jamb requirements for architecture d. subject requirements for architecture e. jamb subject combination for architecture in unilorin