WAEC & JAMB Subject Combination For Business Administration 2023/2024
WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination For Business Administration: What are the JAMB Subject combination to study Business Administration in Nigeria?, Must I pass Maths in WAEC to study Business Administration?, What subjects are needed to study Business Administration?
Hey SAVANTS! Welcome to today’s episode of my “JAMB Doctor Series” in this episode, you will see the correct WAEC and JAMB Subject combination for Business Administration, you will also see Direct entry requirement to study Business Administration through JAMB, JUPEB and IJMB, pretty cool right?… STAY TUNED!
For everyone who plans to study Business Administration in Nigeria, it is important and necessary you know the subjects that are required to becoming a Business Administrator in Nigeria.
I have seen cases, where students who wish to study a particular course go ahead to register the wrong subject combination in JAMB and in their O’level (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) simply because they were not well informed and would later start searching for means with which correct the mistake.
Read Also: Universities That Accept Low JAMB Score (120, 130, 140, 150, 160, 170 & 180)
ARE YOU ON TELEGRAM? Subscribe To My Telegram "JAMB Doctor Channel" For Frequent Updates by clicking the "SUBSCRIBE NOW" button below.
Luckily for you, with the aid of this guide you will be fully endowed with the required WAEC and JAMB Subject combination to study Business Administration in any University in Nigeria, mind you, this subject combination is the same for all Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
So, irrespective of the school you want to study in (UNIBEN, UI, UNILAG, DELSU e.t.c) these are the subjects you must enroll and pass to be eligible for admission to study Business Administration in Nigeria.
If you must study Business Administration in Nigeria you must first get a minimum of five (5) credits in your O’ level (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) core courses and enroll four (4) subjects in JAMB which you should score at least 220 to increase your chances of admission. P.S; See JAMB Cut off mark for all Schools
JAMB SYLLABUS FOR OTHER SUBJECTS... A. JAMB English Syllabus B. JAMB Mathematics Syllabus C. JAMB Syllabus For Physics D. JAMB Chemistry Syllabus E. JAMB Syllabus For Biology F. JAMB Economics Syllabus G. JAMB Syllabus For Christian Religious Studies (CRS) H. JAMB government Syllabus I. JAMB Syllabus for Commerce J. JAMB Literature in English Syllabus K. JAMB Computer Studies Syllabus
TABLE OF CONTENTS
What Are The Subjects Required To Study Business Administration
The subjects Required to study Business Administration in Nigeria are…
- English Language
Some of these subjects may not be required in some cases (JAMB or O’level), I will highlight each of these subject and in what instances they may be applicable or needed.
Government and Commerce: Commerce and Government subjects are core for your O’ level exams like WAEC, NECO, NABTEB or GCE. But for JAMB you may decide to or to not enroll either Government or Chemistry, that is, neither Government or Commerce is required in JAMB to study Business Administration it is only needed in your O’ level.
Read Also: How To Create JAMB Profile Code 2023/2024 (All You Need To Know)
Other Subjects: English Language, Economics and Mathematics are required for both JAMB and your O’ level if you must study Business Administration.
JAMB and WAEC Subjects to study Business Administration
To Study Business Administration, the follow subjects will be enrolled for JAMB and WAEC…
JAMB Subject Combination For Business Administration
The four (4) subjects you must enroll in JAMB (with Use of English compulsory irrespective of the course you intend to study) for Business Administration, are…
- Use of English
- Mathematics and
- any other Social Science subject.
To be assured of admission, you will need to score very high in JAMB, let’s say 250 and above. P.S; you should see my ultimate guide on How To Pass JAMB 2023/2024 With High Score (300+)
WAEC Subject Combination For Business Administration
Unlike JAMB, you will be required to sit for a minimum of Eight subjects (8) and a maximum of nine (9), out of this Nine or Eight subjects, five are core subjects specific for the course you wish to study which in this case is Business Administration.
In WAEC, core subjects to study Business Administration are…
- English Language
- plus any two (2) of Accounting, Business Methods, Commerce, Government, Geography, and Statistics.
The remaining three (3) or four (4) subjects will be determined by you.
Mind you: This subject combination for WAEC is applicable for all O’ level exams such as NECO, NABTEB e.t.c
By core I mean subjects that lean directly to your field. Failure to pass these core courses can deny a student admission.
Requirements To Study Business Administration Through Direct Entry
Student who which to study Business Administration through direct entry should have either of the following requirements…
- Through IJMB; Read more on IJMB Admission system here
- Through JUPEB; Read more on JUPEB Admission system here
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes chosen from Economics, Accounts, Business Management, Government, Geography or Statistics.
Ensure to go through JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Business Administration for the different Universities in Nigeria. Click me Now? for JAMB Brochure
List Of Federal Universities That Offers Business Administration
Not all Universities in Nigeria offers Business Administration, to help you guide your choice, I have provided you with the list of Universities that offers Business Administration in Nigeria…
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Achievers University Owo
- Adamawa State University, Mubi
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State
- Afe Babalola University , Ado-Ekiti
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden
- Al- Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Anambra State University, Uli
- Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Affiliated To Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka)
- Augustine University, Ilara, Lagos
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bauchi State University, Gadau, Bauchi State
- Bayero University, Kano
- Bells University Of Technology, Ota
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Bingham University, Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Caleb University, Imota
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu
- Chrisland University, Owode, Ogun State
- Christopher University, Mowe, Ogun State
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota
- Crawford University,Faith City, Km 8, Atan-Agbara Road, Igbesa
- Crescent University, Abeokuta
- Cross Rivers University Of Technology, Calabar
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta State
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure
- Federal University, Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State
- Federal University, Gashua, Yobe State
- Federal University, Gusau, Zamfara State
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Fountain University, Osogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu- Nike
- Gombe State University, Tudun Wada, Gombe
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Hallmark University,Ijebu-Itele,Ogun State
- Hezekiah University, Umudi, Imo State
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Kwara State University, Malete, Ilorin
- Kwararafa University, Wukari
- Lead City University , Ibadan
- Michael And Cecilia Ibru University, Owhrode, Delta State
- Mountain Top University, Makogi/Oba, Ogun State
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- National Open University Of Nigerian – Elearning
- Nigeria Turkish Nile University , Abuja
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Northwest University, Kano, Kano State
- Novena University Ogume
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye
- Osun State University, Osogbo
- Pan-Atlantic University, Ahmed Onibudo Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
- Redeemers University
- Renaissance University, Ojiagu-Agbani, Enugu
- Ritman University,Ikot-Ekpene,Akwa-Ibom State
- Salem University, Lokoja
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State
- Southwestern University, Okun-Owa, Ogun State
- Summit Univerity, Offa, Kwara State
- Tansain University, Oba, Anambra State
- Taraba State University, Jalingo
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina
- University Of Abuja,Abuja
- University Of Benin, Benin City
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University Of Lagos
- University Of Maiduguri ( – Elearning), Maiduguri
- University Of Maiduguri
- University Of Mkar, Gboko
- University Of Uyo ( – Elearning), Uyo
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University ( – Elearning), Sokoto
- Veritas University, Abuja
- Wellspring University, Irhihi/Ogbaneki, Benin City
- Wesley University Of Science And Technology. Ondo
- Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Government compulsory for Business Administration in JAMB?
NO, Government is not a compulsory subject to sit for in JAMB if you want to study Business Administration, but it is accepted for Admission to study Business Administration, that is, instead of enrolling Commerce in JAMB, you can instead enroll Government as a subject in JAMB.
What are the compulsory subjects for Business Administration?
The Compulsory Subject for Business Administration In JAMB are Use of English, Economics, Mathematics and any other Social Science subject..
While for WAEC; English Language, Mathematics, Economics, Government and Commerce.
What are the main subject for Business Administration?
The main subjects to study Business Administration in JAMB is Mathematics, English Language and Economics. Government or commerce can be used also to complete the number of subject to be four (4).
Is maths compulsory in JAMB for Business Administration?
YES, Mathematics is a compulsory subject to study Business Administration in both JAMB and WAEC. So make sure you work on your Mathematics prowess if you wish to be an Business Administrator.
Is there Business Administration in JAMB?
No, there is no subject called Business Administration in JAMB. the only subjects you can sit for in JAMB if you want to study Business Administration are; Use of English, Mathematics, Economics, Government/Commerce
Can I Study Business Administration Without commerce in JAMB?
YES, you can study Business Administration without Commerce, but you will have to replace the subject (commerce) with Government.
To study Business Administration you need to sit for four (4) subjects in JAMB which are Economics, Use of English, Mathematics and any other Social Science subject. and have at least credits (C6) in your Five (5) core courses which includes: English Language, Mathematics, Economics, Government and Commerce.
|DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT||UTME REQUIREMENT||SUBJECTS|
|Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes chosen from Economics, Accounts, Business Management, Government, Geography or Statistics.||Five (5) SSC credit passes including English Language, Mathematics, Economics, plus any two (2) of Accounting, Business Methods, Commerce, Government, Geography, and Statistics.||Mathematics, Economics and one (1) other subject.|
See Also: WAEC And JAMB Subject Combination To Study Computer Science
This will be all for now, do you have a question or two, or want to share your thoughts on this?, feel free to drop your comments using the comment box below.
Do well to share this with friends on Facebook, Whatsapp, or any other social media network you can connect them with using the share buttons below…
Related Searches... a. jamb score for business administration b. what are the four subjects in jamb for business administration c. waec subjects for business administration d. what are the main subjects for business administration e. jamb subject combination for business administration in unilag
WAEC AND JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR COURSES 1. Accounting 2. Computer Science 3. Pharmacy 4. Mechanical Engineering 5. Electrical Engineering 6. Chemical Engineering 7. Computer Engineering 8. Medicine And Surgery 9. Nursing 10. Optometry 11. Physiotherapy 12. Radiography 13. Veterinary Medicine 14. Anatomy 15. Medical Biochemistry 16. Medical Laboratory Science 17. Dentistry And Dental Surgery 18. Physiology 19. Civil Engineering 20. Agricultural Engineering 21. Industrial Engineering 22. Marine Engineering 23. Mechatronics Engineering 24. Petroleum Engineering 25. Metallurgical And Materials Engineering 26. Production Engineering 27. Structural Engineering 28. Biochemistry 29. Botany 30. Chemistry 31. Geology 32. Law 33. Quantity Surveying 34. Architecture 35. Banking And Finance 36. Business Administration 37. Mass Communication 38. Microbiology 39. Public Administration 40. Political Science 41. Theatre Arts 42. Zoology 43. Statistics 44. Actuarial Science 45. Adult Education 46. Agricultural Economics 47. Agricultural Science And Education 48. Agriculture 50. Animal and Environmental Biology 51. Business Education 52. Computer Education 53. Early Childhood Education 54. Economics And Statistics 55. Education And Biology 56. Education And Chemistry 57. Education And Computer Science 58. Education And Economics 59. Education And Edo Language 60. Education and English Literature 61. Education And French 62. Education And Geography 63. Education And History 64. Education And Integrated Science 65. Education And Mathematics 66. Education And Physics 67. Education And Political Science 68. Education And Religious Studies 69. Education And Social Studies 70. Education Fine And Applied Art 71. Education Psychology And Curriculum Studies 72. Education Administration 73. Education Management 74. English Language And Literature 75. Entrepreneurship 76. Environmental Education 77. Estate Management 78. Environmental Management And Toxicology 79. Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Art 80. Fisheries 81. Forestry And Wildlife 82. French 83. Geography And Regional Planning 84. Guidance And Counselling 85. Health Education 86. History 87. Home Economics And Education 88. Human Kinetics 89. Industrial Chemistry 90. Industrial Mathematics 91. Industrial Physics 92. Industrial Relations And Personnel Management 93. Industrial Technical Education 94. Insurance 95. International Studies And Diplomacy 96. Language and Linguistics 97. Linguistics 98. Library And Information Science 99. Marketing 100. Mathematics 101. Mathematics Economics 102. Music 103. Philosophy 105. Physical Education 106. Physics 107. Pure And Applied Mathematics 108. Science Laboratory Science
Pls I did not do commerce in my secondary schools can I study business admin at delsu
Yes you can, you can substitute it with Government in JAMB
Is government compulsory in waec for business administration
No, as explained in this post, any two (2) of Accounting, Business Methods, Commerce, Government, Geography, and Statistics.
Pls is government compulsory in waec for business administration
Please can I use my jamb result for business administration for mass communication if I decided to change my course after sitting for the exam
Yes, it can be used
Is commerce compulsory in waec for Business Administration?
NO, it can be substituted with any of the following…
Accounting, Business Methods, Government, Geography, or Statistics
I like this
Glad you found it useful.