WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination For Political Science: What are the JAMB Subject combination to study Political Science in Nigeria?, Must I pass Maths in WAEC to study Political Science?, what subjects are needed to study Political Science?, What Subject Will I write in JAMB to Study Political Science?
Hello SAVANTS!, Welcome to today’s episode of my “JAMB doctor Series” in this episode, you will see the correct WAEC and JAMB Subject combination for Political Science, you will also see Direct entry requirement to study Political Science through JAMB, JAMB and IJMB, pretty cool right?… STAY TUNED!
For everyone who plans to study Political Science in Nigeria, it is important and necessary you know the subjects that are required to becoming a Political Scientist in Nigeria.
I have seen cases, where students who wish to study a particular course go ahead to register the wrong subject combination in JAMB and in their O’level (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) simply because they were not well informed and would later start searching for means with which correct the mistake.
ARE YOU ON TELEGRAM? Why Not Subscribe To My Telegram "JAMB Doctor Channel" For Frequent Updates by clicking the "SUBSCRIBE NOW" button below.
Luckily for you, with the aid of this guide you will be fully endowed with the required WAEC and JAMB Subject combination to study Political Science in any University in Nigeria, mind you, this subject combination is the same for all Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
So, irrespective of the school you want to study in (UNIBEN, UI, UNILAG, DELSU e.t.c) these are the subjects you must enroll and pass to be eligible for admission to study Political Science in Nigeria.
If you must study Political Science in Nigeria you must first get a minimum of five (5) credits in your O’ level (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) core courses and enroll four (4) subjects in JAMB which you should score at least 220 to increase your chances of admission. P.S; See JAMB Cut off mark for all Schools
JAMB SYLLABUS FOR OTHER SUBJECTS... A. JAMB English Syllabus B. JAMB Mathematics Syllabus C. JAMB Syllabus For Physics D. JAMB Chemistry Syllabus E. JAMB Syllabus For Biology F. JAMB Economics Syllabus G. JAMB Syllabus For Christian Religious Studies (CRS) H. JAMB government Syllabus I. JAMB Syllabus for Commerce J. JAMB Literature in English Syllabus K. JAMB Computer Studies Syllabus
What Are The Subjects Required To Study Political Science
The subjects Required to study Political Science in Nigeria are…
- English Language
- Literature in English
- Any two (2) Arts or Social Science subjects (Government, Economics, Commerce e.t.c)
Government, Commerce, CRS: These subjects can be considered as core for your O’ level exams like WAEC, NECO, NABTEB or GCE. But for JAMB you may decide to or to not enroll either Government or Chemistry, that is, neither Government or Commerce is required in JAMB to study Political Science, it is only needed in your O’ level.
Literature in English and Mathematics: Lit in English and Maths are compulsory for O’ level but it is not a must you sit for it in JAMB.
Other Subjects: English Language is required for both JAMB and your O’ level if you must study Political Science.
JAMB and JAMB Subjects to study Law
To Study Political Science, the follow subjects will be enrolled for JAMB and WAEC…
JAMB Subject Combination For Political Science
The four (4) subjects you must enroll in JAMB (with Use of English compulsory irrespective of the course you intend to study) for Political Science, are…
- Use of English
- Any three (3) Arts or Social Science subjects.
The above list is the recommended JAMB subject combination to study Political Science extracted from JAMB Brochure, but here is a more suitable subject combination most Political Science student register in JAMB; Use of English, Government, Literature in English and Christian religious Studies.
To be assured of admission, you will need to score very high in JAMB, let’s say 250 and above. P.S; you should see my ultimate guide on How To Pass JAMB 2023/2024 With High Score (300+)
WAEC Subject Combination For Political Science
Unlike JAMB, you will be required to sit for a minimum of Eight subjects (8) and a maximum of nine (9), out of this Nine or Eight subjects, five are core subjects specific for the course you wish to study which in this case is Political Science.
In WAEC, core subjects to write to be eligible to study Political Science are…
- English Language
- Government or History
- Any two (2) Arts or Social Science subjects (Literature, Economics, Commerce, CRS e.t.c)
The remaining three (3) or four (4) subjects will be determined by you.
Mind you: This subject combination for WAEC is applicable for all O’ level exams such as NECO, NABTEB e.t.c
By core I mean subjects that lean directly to your field. Failure to pass these core courses can deny a student admission.
Requirements To Study Political Science Through Direct Entry
Student who which to study Political Science through direct entry should have either of the following requirements…
- Through IJMB; Read more on IJMB Admission system here
- Through JUPEB; Read more on JUPEB Admission system here
- JAMB DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Government and one other Social Science subject
List Of Federal Universities That Offers Political Science
Not all Universities in Nigeria offers Political Science, to help you guide your choice, I have provided you with the list of Universities that offers Political Science in Nigeria…
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Achievers University Owo
- Adamawa State University, Mubi
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State
- Afe Babalola University , Ado-Ekiti
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Anambra State University, Uli
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bauchi State University, Gadau, Bauchi State
- Bayero University, Kano
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Bingham University, Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Caleb University, Imota
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu
- Chrisland University, Owode, Ogun State
- Christopher University, Mowe, Ogun State
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta State
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu
- Federal University, Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State
- Federal University, Gashua, Yobe State
- Federal University, Gusau, Zamfara State
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Fountain University, Osogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu- Nike
- Gombe State University, Tudun Wada, Gombe
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Hezekiah University, Umudi, Imo State
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Kwara State University, Malete, Ilorin
- Madonna University, Okija
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- Niger Delta University , Wilberforce Island
- Nigerian Police Academy, Wudil, Kano State
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Novena University Ogume
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Obong University, Obong, Ntak
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye
- Plateau State University, Bokkos
- Redeemers University
- Renaissance University, Ojiagu-Agbani, Enugu
- Ritman University,Ikot-Ekpene,Akwa-Ibom State
- Sokoyo State University, Sokoto
- Southwestern University, Okun-Owa, Ogun State
- Summit Univerity, Offa, Kwara State
- Tansain University, Oba, Anambra State
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina
- University Of Calabar, Calabar
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University Of Jos, Jos
- University Of Lagos
- University Of Maiduguri
- University Of Mkar, Gboko
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka
- University Of Uyo
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto
- Wellspring University, Irhihi/Ogbaneki, Benin City
- Wesley University Of Science And Technology. Ondo
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Government compulsory for Political Science in JAMB?
NO, Government is not a compulsory subject to sit for in JAMB if you want to study Political Science, but it is accepted for Admission to study Political Science, that is, instead of enrolling Government in JAMB, you can instead enroll something else provided it is an Art or Social Science subject.
What are the compulsory subjects for Political Science?
The Compulsory Subject for Political Science In JAMB is Use of English, the remaining three Subjects will be decided by you (Any three (3) Arts or Social Science subjects).
While for WAEC; English Language, Mathematics, Government or History and any other Social Science subject.
What are the main subject for Political Science?
The main subjects to study Political Science in JAMB is English Language. Any other art or Social Science Subject like Government, CRS, commerce e.t.c can be used also to complete the number of subjects to be four (4).
Is maths compulsory in JAMB for Political Science?
NO, Mathematics is not a compulsory subject to study Political Science in JAMB but it is compulsory in WAEC. So make sure you work on your Mathematics prowess for WAEC, while you can simply ignore it in JAMB.
Is there Political Science in JAMB?
No, there is no subject called Political Science in JAMB. the only subjects you can sit for in JAMB if you want to study Political Science are; JAMB Use of English, Any three (3) Arts or Social Science subjects.
Can I Study Political Science Without commerce in JAMB?
YES, you can study Political Science without Commerce, but you will have to replace the subject (commerce) with other Art or Social science Subjects
To study Political Science you need to sit for four (4) subjects in JAMB which is Use of English and any other three Art or Social Science Subjects and have at least credits (C6) in your Five (5) core courses in your O’level (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) which includes: English Language, Literature in English, Mathematics and Any two (2) Arts or Social Science subjects (Government, Economics, Commerce e.t.c).
⚠️ If you are viewing this table 👇 with your mobile phone, do well to activate desktop mode on your browser to be able to view this table properly!
|DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT||UTME REQUIREMENT||SUBJECTS|
|Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Government and one other Social Science subject||Five (5) SSC credit passes including English Language Government or History and at least a pass in Mathematics||Any three (3) Arts or Social Science subjects.|
This will be all for now, do you have a question or two, or want to share your thoughts on this?, feel free to drop your comments using the comment box below.
Do well to share this with friends on Facebook, Whatsapp, or any other social media network you can connect them with using the share buttons below…
Related Searches... a. jamb score for political science b. is maths compulsory for political science in jamb c. jamb subject combination for political science 2022 d. waec combination for political science e. jamb subject combination for political science in university of ibadan
WAEC AND JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR OTHER COURSES 1. Accounting 2. Computer Science 3. Pharmacy 4. Mechanical Engineering 5. Electrical Engineering 6. Chemical Engineering 7. Computer Engineering 8. Medicine And Surgery 9. Nursing 10. Optometry 11. Physiotherapy 12. Radiography 13. Veterinary Medicine 14. Anatomy 15. Medical Biochemistry 16. Medical Laboratory Science 17. Dentistry And Dental Surgery 18. Physiology 19. Civil Engineering 20. Agricultural Engineering 21. Industrial Engineering 22. Marine Engineering 23. Mechatronics Engineering 24. Petroleum Engineering 25. Metallurgical And Materials Engineering 26. Production Engineering 27. Structural Engineering 28. Biochemistry 29. Botany 30. Chemistry 31. Geology 32. Law 33. Quantity Surveying 34. Architecture 35. Banking And Finance 36. Business Administration 37. Mass Communication 38. Microbiology 39. Public Administration 40. Political Science 41. Theatre Arts 42. Zoology 43. Statistics 44. Actuarial Science 45. Adult Education 46. Agricultural Economics 47. Agricultural Science And Education 48. Agriculture 50. Animal and Environmental Biology 51. Business Education 52. Computer Education 53. Early Childhood Education 54. Economics And Statistics 55. Education And Biology 56. Education And Chemistry 57. Education And Computer Science 58. Education And Economics 59. Education And Edo Language 60. Education and English Literature 61. Education And French 62. Education And Geography 63. Education And History 64. Education And Integrated Science 65. Education And Mathematics 66. Education And Physics 67. Education And Political Science 68. Education And Religious Studies 69. Education And Social Studies 70. Education Fine And Applied Art 71. Education Psychology And Curriculum Studies 72. Education Administration 73. Education Management 74. English Language And Literature 75. Entrepreneurship 76. Environmental Education 77. Estate Management 78. Environmental Management And Toxicology 79. Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Art 80. Fisheries 81. Forestry And Wildlife 82. French 83. Geography And Regional Planning 84. Guidance And Counselling 85. Health Education 86. History 87. Home Economics And Education 88. Human Kinetics 89. Industrial Chemistry 90. Industrial Mathematics 91. Industrial Physics 92. Industrial Relations And Personnel Management 93. Industrial Technical Education 94. Insurance 95. International Studies And Diplomacy 96. Language and Linguistics 97. Linguistics 98. Library And Information Science 99. Marketing 100. Mathematics 101. Mathematics Economics 102. Music 103. Philosophy 105. Physical Education 106. Physics 107. Pure And Applied Mathematics 108. Science Laboratory Science