WAEC & JAMB Subject Combination For Chemistry 2023/2024
WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination For Chemistry: What are the JAMB Subject combination to study Chemistry in Nigeria?, Must I pass Maths in WAEC to study Chemistry?, what subjects are needed to study Chemistry?. What Subject Will I write in JAMB to Study Chemistry?
Hello SAVANTS!, Welcome to today’s episode of my “JAMB doctor Series” in this episode, you will see the correct WAEC and JAMB Subject combination for Chemistry, you will also see Direct entry requirement to study Chemistry through JAMB, JUPEB and IJMB, pretty cool right?… STAY TUNED!
For everyone who plans to study Chemistry in Nigeria, it is important and necessary you know the subjects that are required to becoming a Chemist in Nigeria.
I have seen cases, where students who wish to study a particular course go ahead to register the wrong subject combination in JAMB and in their O’level (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) simply because they were not well informed and would later start searching for means with which they can correct the mistake.
Read Also: Universities That Accept Low JAMB Score (120, 130, 140, 150, 160, 170 & 180)
ARE YOU ON TELEGRAM? Subscribe To My Telegram "JAMB Doctor Channel" For Frequent Updates by clicking the "SUBSCRIBE NOW" button below.
Luckily for you, with the aid of this guide you will be fully endowed with the required WAEC and JAMB Subject combination to study Chemistry in any University in Nigeria, mind you, this subject combination is the same for all Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
So, irrespective of the school you want to study in (UNIBEN, UI, UNILAG, DELSU e.t.c) these are the subjects you must enroll and pass to be eligible for admission to study Chemistry in Nigeria.
If you must study Chemistry in Nigeria you must first get a minimum of five (5) credits in your O’ level (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) core courses and enroll four (4) subjects in JAMB which you should score at least 220 to increase your chances of admission. P.S; See JAMB Cut off mark for all Schools
JAMB SYLLABUS FOR OTHER SUBJECTS... A. JAMB English Syllabus B. JAMB Mathematics Syllabus C. JAMB Syllabus For Physics D. JAMB Chemistry Syllabus E. JAMB Syllabus For Biology F. JAMB Economics Syllabus G. JAMB Syllabus For Christian Religious Studies (CRS) H. JAMB government Syllabus I. JAMB Syllabus for Commerce J. JAMB Literature in English Syllabus K. JAMB Computer Studies Syllabus
TABLE OF CONTENTS
What Are The Subjects Required To Study Chemistry
The subjects Required to study Chemistry in Nigeria are…
- English Language
Some of these subjects may not be required in some cases (JAMB or O’level), I will highlight each of these subject and in what instances they may be applicable or needed.
Mathematics: Maths as a subject is one every student must offer right from primary school up till secondary school, this subject is required as a core subject for your O’ level exams like WAEC, NECO, NABTEB or GCE.
For JAMB you will not enroll Mathematics, i.e maths is not required in JAMB to study Chemistry it is only needed in your O’ level.
Read Also: How To Create JAMB Profile Code 2023/2024 (All You Need To Know)
Other Subjects: English Language and Chemistry are required for both JAMB and your O’ level if you must study Chemistry.
JAMB and WEC Subjects to study Chemistry
To Study Chemistry, the following subjects will be enrolled for JAMB and WAEC…
JAMB Subject Combination For Chemistry
The four (4) subjects you must enroll in JAMB (with jamb use of English compulsory irrespective of the course you intend to study) for Chemistry, are…
- Use of English
- and two (2) of Physics, Biology and Mathematics.
To be assured of admission, you will need to score very high in JAMB, let’s say 250 and above. P.S; you should see my ultimate guide on How To Pass JAMB 2023/2024 With High Score (300+)
WAEC Subject Combination For Chemistry
Unlike JAMB, you will be required to sit for a minimum of Eight subjects (8) and a maximum of nine (9), out of this Nine or Eight subjects, five are core subjects specific for the course you wish to study which in this case is Chemistry.
In WAEC, core subjects to study Chemistry are…
- English Language
- and Biology
The remaining three (3) or four (4) subjects will be determined by you.
Mind you: This subject combination for waec is applicable for all O’ level exams such as NECO, NABTEB e.t.c
By core I mean subjects that lean directly to your field. Failure to pass these core courses can deny a student admission.
Requirements To Study Chemistry Through Direct Entry
Student who which to study Chemistry through direct entry should have either of the following requirements…
- Through IJMB; Read more on IJMB Admission system here
- Through JUPEB; Read more on Jupeb Admission system here
- JAMB DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and any one (1) of Physics, Mathematics or Biology
- ND/NCE with good grades in relevant ‘O’ Level subjects.
Ensure to go through JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Chemistry for the different Universities in Nigeria. Click me Now? for JAMB Brochure
List Of Universities That Offers Chemistry
Not all Universities in Nigeria offers Chemistry, to help you guide your choice, I have provided you with the list of Universities that offers Chemistry in Nigeria…
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
- Achievers University Owo
- Adamawa State University, Mubi
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State
- Afe Babalola University , Ado-Ekiti
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden
- Al- Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Augustine University, Ilara, Lagos
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bauchi State University, Gadau, Bauchi State
- Bayero University, Kano
- Baze University, Fct, Abuja
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Bingham University, Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Caleb University, Imota
- Chrisland University, Owode, Ogun State
- Crawford University,Faith City, Km 8, Atan-Agbara Road, Igbesa
- Crescent University, Abeokuta
- Cross Rivers University Of Technology, Calabar
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta State
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State
- Evangel University, Akaeze, Ebonyi State
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
- Federal University Of Technology Minna
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri
- Federal University, Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State
- Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State
- Federal University, Gashua, Yobe State
- Federal University, Gusau, Zamfara State
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Fountain University, Osogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu- Nike
- Gombe State University, Tudun Wada, Gombe
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Hallmark University,Ijebu-Itele,Ogun State
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna
- Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil
- Kebbi State University Of Science And Technology, Aliro
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Kwara State University, Malete, Ilorin
- Lead City University , Ibadan
- Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ogun State
- Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike
- Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola
- Mountain Top University, Makogi/Oba, Ogun State
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- Niger Delta University , Wilberforce Island
- Nigeria Turkish Nile University , Abuja
- Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, Kaduna State
- Nigerian Police Academy, Wudil, Kano State
- Northwest University, Kano, Kano State
- Novena University Ogume
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu
- Osun State University, Osogbo
- Paul University, Awka
- Plateau State University, Bokkos
- Rhema University , Obeama, Rivers State
- Ritman University,Ikot-Ekpene,Akwa-Ibom State
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology, Port Harcourt
- Salem University, Lokoja
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State
- Sokoyo State University, Sokoto
- Southwestern University, Okun-Owa, Ogun State
- Sule Lamido University, Kafin Hausa, Jigawa State
- Summit Univerity, Offa, Kwara State
- Tai Solarin University Of Education, Ijagun
- Taraba State University, Jalingo
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina
- University Of Abuja,Abuja
- University Of Benin, Benin City
- University Of Calabar, Calabar
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University Of Jos, Jos
- University Of Lagos
- University Of Maiduguri
- University Of Mkar, Gboko
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka
- University Of Port-Harcourt
- University Of Uyo
- Veritas University, Abuja
- Wellspring University, Irhihi/Ogbaneki, Benin City
- Wesley University Of Science And Technology. Ondo
- Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Mathematics compulsory for Chemistry in JAMB?
NO, Maths is not a compulsory subject to sit for in JAMB if you want to study Chemistry, so while contemplating on the list of subjects to enroll in JAMB, know that you are not expected to add Mathematics
What are the compulsory subjects for Chemistry?
The Compulsory Subject for Chemistry In JAMB are Use of English, Chemistry and two (2) of Physics, Biology and Mathematics.
While for WAEC; English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
What are the main subject for Chemistry?
The main subjects to study Chemistry in JAMB are English Language, Chemistry and two (2) of Physics, Biology and Mathematics.
Can I Study Chemistry Without Physics in JAMB?
YES, you can study Chemistry without Physics, Physics can be replaced with Mathematics in JAMB but is a core subject to pass with at least C6 in O’level.
Is further maths compulsory for Chemistry?
NO, Further Mathematics is itself not a compulsory subject to enroll in JAMB if you want to study Chemistry.
To study Chemistry you need to sit for four (4) subjects in JAMB which are Use of English, Chemistry and two (2) of Physics, Biology and Mathematics, and have at least credits (C6) in your Five (5) core courses which includes: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
⚠️ If you are viewing this table ? with your mobile phone, do well to activate desktop mode on your browser to be able to view this table properly!
|DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT||UTME REQUIREMENT||SUBJECTS|
|Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and any one (1) of Physics, Mathematics or Biology.||Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.||Chemistry and two (2) of Physics, Biology and Mathematics.|
|ND/NCE with good grades in relevant ‘O’ Level subjects.|
See Also: Using Same Email, Phone Number & Profile Code Twice In JAMB
This will be all for now, do you have a question or two, or want to share your thoughts on this?, feel free to drop your comments using the comment box below.
Do well to share this with friends on Facebook, Whatsapp, or any other social media network you can connect them with using the share buttons below…
Related Searches... a. jamb subject combination for biology b. jamb subject combination for physics c. subject combination for jamb 2021 d. jamb chemistry e. jamb subject combination for science courses
WAEC AND JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR COURSES 1. Accounting 2. Computer Science 3. Pharmacy 4. Mechanical Engineering 5. Electrical Engineering 6. Chemical Engineering 7. Computer Engineering 8. Medicine And Surgery 9. Nursing 10. Optometry 11. Physiotherapy 12. Radiography 13. Veterinary Medicine 14. Anatomy 15. Medical Biochemistry 16. Medical Laboratory Science 17. Dentistry And Dental Surgery 18. Physiology 19. Civil Engineering 20. Agricultural Engineering 21. Industrial Engineering 22. Marine Engineering 23. Mechatronics Engineering 24. Petroleum Engineering 25. Metallurgical And Materials Engineering 26. Production Engineering 27. Structural Engineering 28. Biochemistry 29. Botany 30. Chemistry 31. Geology 32. Law 33. Quantity Surveying 34. Architecture 35. Banking And Finance 36. Business Administration 37. Mass Communication 38. Microbiology 39. Public Administration 40. Political Science 41. Theatre Arts 42. Zoology 43. Statistics 44. Actuarial Science 45. Adult Education 46. Agricultural Economics 47. Agricultural Science And Education 48. Agriculture 50. Animal and Environmental Biology 51. Business Education 52. Computer Education 53. Early Childhood Education 54. Economics And Statistics 55. Education And Biology 56. Education And Chemistry 57. Education And Computer Science 58. Education And Economics 59. Education And Edo Language 60. Education and English Literature 61. Education And French 62. Education And Geography 63. Education And History 64. Education And Integrated Science 65. Education And Mathematics 66. Education And Physics 67. Education And Political Science 68. Education And Religious Studies 69. Education And Social Studies 70. Education Fine And Applied Art 71. Education Psychology And Curriculum Studies 72. Education Administration 73. Education Management 74. English Language And Literature 75. Entrepreneurship 76. Environmental Education 77. Estate Management 78. Environmental Management And Toxicology 79. Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Art 80. Fisheries 81. Forestry And Wildlife 82. French 83. Geography And Regional Planning 84. Guidance And Counselling 85. Health Education 86. History 87. Home Economics And Education 88. Human Kinetics 89. Industrial Chemistry 90. Industrial Mathematics 91. Industrial Physics 92. Industrial Relations And Personnel Management 93. Industrial Technical Education 94. Insurance 95. International Studies And Diplomacy 96. Language and Linguistics 97. Linguistics 98. Library And Information Science 99. Marketing 100. Mathematics 101. Mathematics Economics 102. Music 103. Philosophy 105. Physical Education 106. Physics 107. Pure And Applied Mathematics 108. Science Laboratory Science