WAEC & JAMB Subject Combination For Biochemistry 2023/2024
WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination For Biochemistry: What are the JAMB Subject combination to study Biochemistry in Nigeria?, Must I pass Maths in WAEC to study Biochemistry?, what subjects are needed to study Biochemistry?, What Subject Will I write in JAMB to Study Biochemistry?
Hello SAVANTS!, Welcome to today’s episode of my “JAMB doctor Series” in this episode, you will see the correct WAEC and JAMB Subject combination for Biochemistry, you will also see Direct entry requirement to study Biochemistry through JAMB, JUPEB and IJMB, pretty cool right?… STAY TUNED!
For everyone who plans to study Biochemistry in Nigeria, it is important and necessary you know the subjects that are required to becoming a Biochemist in Nigeria.
I have seen cases, where students who wish to study a particular course go ahead to register the wrong subject combination in JAMB and in their O’level (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) simply because they were not well informed and would later start searching for means with which they can correct the mistake.
Read Also: Universities That Accept Low JAMB Score (120, 130, 140, 150, 160, 170 & 180)
ARE YOU ON TELEGRAM? Subscribe To My Telegram "JAMB Doctor Channel" For Frequent Updates by clicking the "SUBSCRIBE NOW" button below.
Luckily for you, with the aid of this guide you will be fully endowed with the required WAEC and JAMB Subject combination to study Biochemistry in any University in Nigeria, mind you, this subject combination is the same for all Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
So, irrespective of the school you want to study in (UNIBEN, UI, UNILAG, DELSU e.t.c) these are the subjects you must enroll and pass to be eligible for admission to study Biochemistry in Nigeria.
If you must study Biochemistry in Nigeria you must first get a minimum of five (5) credits in your O’ level (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) core courses and enroll four (4) subjects in JAMB which you should score at least 220 to increase your chances of admission. P.S; See JAMB Cut off mark for all Schools.
JAMB SYLLABUS FOR OTHER SUBJECTS... A. JAMB English Syllabus B. JAMB Mathematics Syllabus C. JAMB Syllabus For Physics D. JAMB Chemistry Syllabus E. JAMB Syllabus For Biology F. JAMB Economics Syllabus G. JAMB Syllabus For Christian Religious Studies (CRS) H. JAMB government Syllabus I. JAMB Syllabus for Commerce J. JAMB Literature in English Syllabus K. JAMB Computer Studies Syllabus
TABLE OF CONTENTS
What Are The Subjects Required To Study Biochemistry
The subjects Required to study Biochemistry in Nigeria are…
- English Language
Some of these subjects may not be required in some cases (JAMB or O’level), I will highlight each of these subject and in what instances they may be applicable or needed.
Mathematics: Maths as a subject is one every student must offer right from primary school up till secondary school, this subject is required as a core subject for your O’ level exams like WAEC, NECO, NABTEB or GCE.
For JAMB you will not enroll Mathematics, i.e maths is not required in JAMB to study Biochemistry it is only needed in your O’ level.
Read Also: How To Create JAMB Profile Code 2023/2024 (All You Need To Know)
Other Subjects: English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Biology are required for both JAMB and your O’ level if you must study Biochemistry.
JAMB and WAEC Subjects to study Biochemistry
To Study Biochemistry, the following subjects will be enrolled for JAMB and WAEC…
JAMB Subject Combination For Biochemistry
The four (4) subjects you must enroll in JAMB (with JAMB use of English compulsory irrespective of the course you intend to study) for Biochemistry, are…
- Use of English
- Biology and
To be assured of admission, you will need to score very high in JAMB, let’s say 250 and above. P.S; you should see my ultimate guide on How To Pass JAMB 2023/2024 With High Score (300+)
WAEC Subject Combination For Biochemistry
Unlike JAMB, you will be required to sit for a minimum of Eight subjects (8) and a maximum of nine (9), out of this Nine or Eight subjects, five are core subjects specific for the course you wish to study which in this case is Biochemistry.
In WAEC, core subjects to study Biochemistry are…
- English Language
- and Biology
The remaining three (3) or four (4) subjects will be determined by you.
Mind you: This subject combination for waec is applicable for all O’ level exams such as NECO, NABTEB e.t.c
By core I mean subjects that lean directly to your field. Failure to pass these core courses can deny a student admission.
Requirements To Study Biochemistry Through Direct Entry
Student who which to study Biochemistry through direct entry should have either of the following requirements…
- Through IJMB; Read more on IJMB Admission system here
- Through JUPEB; Read more on Jupeb Admission system here
- JAMB DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes chosen from Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Biology.
- NCE/ND/HND in related programmes plus the UTME requirements.
Ensure to go through JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Biochemistry for the different Universities in Nigeria. Click me Now? for JAMB Brochure
List Of Universities That Offers Biochemistry
Not all Universities in Nigeria offers Biochemistry, to help you guide your choice, I have provided you with the list of Universities that offers Biochemistry in Nigeria…
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Achievers University Owo
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State
- Afe Babalola University , Ado-Ekiti
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo
- Al- Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Anambra State University, Uli
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bauchi State University, Gadau, Bauchi State
- Bayero University, Kano
- Bells University Of Technology, Ota
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Bingham University, Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Caleb University, Imota
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu
- Chrisland University, Owode, Ogun State
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota
- Crawford University,Faith City, Km 8, Atan-Agbara Road, Igbesa
- Crescent University, Abeokuta
- Cross Rivers University Of Technology, Calabar
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu
- Evangel University, Akaeze, Ebonyi State
- Federal College Of Education, Yola (Affiliated To Ahmadu Bello University, Zar
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Federal University Of Technology Minna
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri
- Federal University, Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State
- Federal University, Gashua, Yobe State
- Federal University, Gusau, Zamfara State
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Fountain University, Osogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu- Nike
- Gombe State University, Tudun Wada, Gombe
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Hallmark University,Ijebu-Itele,Ogun State
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City
- Imo State University, Owerri
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna
- Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil
- Kebbi State University Of Science And Technology, Aliro
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Kwara State University, Malete, Ilorin
- Lead City University , Ibadan
- Madonna University, Okija
- Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ogun State
- Michael And Cecilia Ibru University, Owhrode, Delta State
- Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike
- Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola
- Mountain Top University, Makogi/Oba, Ogun State
- Niger Delta University , Wilberforce Island
- Nigerian Police Academy, Wudil, Kano State
- Northwest University, Kano, Kano State
- Novena University Ogume
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye
- Ondo State University Of Medical Sciences Laje Road, Ondo, Ondo State
- Ondo State University Of Science And Technology, Okitipupa
- Osun State University, Osogbo
- Plateau State University, Bokkos
- Redeemers University
- Renaissance University, Ojiagu-Agbani, Enugu
- Rhema University , Obeama, Rivers State
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology, Port Harcourt
- Salem University, Lokoja
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State
- Sokoyo State University, Sokoto
- Southwestern University, Okun-Owa, Ogun State
- Tansain University, Oba, Anambra State
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina
- University Of Benin, Benin City
- University Of Calabar, Calabar
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University Of Jos, Jos
- University Of Lagos
- University Of Maiduguri
- University Of Mkar, Gboko
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka
- University Of Port-Harcourt
- University Of Uyo
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto
- Wesley University Of Science And Technology. Ondo
- Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Mathematics compulsory for Biochemistry Science in JAMB?
NO, Maths is not a compulsory subject to sit for in JAMB if you want to study Biochemistry, so while contemplating on the list of subjects to enroll in JAMB, know that you are not expected to add Mathematics
What are the compulsory subjects for Biochemistry?
The Compulsory Subject for Biochemistry In JAMB are Use of English, Physics, Biology and Chemistry.
While for WAEC; English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
What are the main subject for Biochemistry?
The main subjects to study Biochemistry in JAMB are Biology, English Language Chemistry and Physics.
Can I Study Biochemistry Without Physics in JAMB?
YES, you can study Biochemistry without Physics, Physics can be replaced with Mathematics in JAMB but is a core subject to pass with at least C6 in O’level.
Is further maths compulsory for Biochemistry?
NO, Further Mathematics is itself not a compulsory subject to enroll in JAMB if you want to study Biochemistry.
To study Biochemistry you need to sit for four (4) subjects in JAMB which are Physics, Use of English, Biology and Chemistry, and have at least credits (C6) in your Five (5) core courses which includes: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
|DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT||UTME REQUIREMENT||SUBJECTS|
|Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes chosen from Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Biology.||Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Biology.||Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics.|
|NCE/ND/HND in related programmes plus the UTME requirements.|
See Also: Using Same Email, Phone Number & Profile Code Twice In JAMB
This will be all for now, do you have a question or two, or want to share your thoughts on this?, feel free to drop your comments using the comment box below.
Do well to share this with friends on Facebook, Whatsapp, or any other social media network you can connect them with using the share buttons below…
Related Searches... a. jamb score for biochemistry b. what subjects are needed for biochemistry c. jamb subject combination for microbiology d. jamb subject combination for biology e. is physics compulsory for biochemistry
WAEC AND JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR COURSES 1. Accounting 2. Computer Science 3. Pharmacy 4. Mechanical Engineering 5. Electrical Engineering 6. Chemical Engineering 7. Computer Engineering 8. Medicine And Surgery 9. Nursing 10. Optometry 11. Physiotherapy 12. Radiography 13. Veterinary Medicine 14. Anatomy 15. Medical Biochemistry 16. Medical Laboratory Science 17. Dentistry And Dental Surgery 18. Physiology 19. Civil Engineering 20. Agricultural Engineering 21. Industrial Engineering 22. Marine Engineering 23. Mechatronics Engineering 24. Petroleum Engineering 25. Metallurgical And Materials Engineering 26. Production Engineering 27. Structural Engineering 28. Biochemistry 29. Botany 30. Chemistry 31. Geology 32. Law 33. Quantity Surveying 34. Architecture 35. Banking And Finance 36. Business Administration 37. Mass Communication 38. Microbiology 39. Public Administration 40. Political Science 41. Theatre Arts 42. Zoology 43. Statistics 44. Actuarial Science 45. Adult Education 46. Agricultural Economics 47. Agricultural Science And Education 48. Agriculture 50. Animal and Environmental Biology 51. Business Education 52. Computer Education 53. Early Childhood Education 54. Economics And Statistics 55. Education And Biology 56. Education And Chemistry 57. Education And Computer Science 58. Education And Economics 59. Education And Edo Language 60. Education and English Literature 61. Education And French 62. Education And Geography 63. Education And History 64. Education And Integrated Science 65. Education And Mathematics 66. Education And Physics 67. Education And Political Science 68. Education And Religious Studies 69. Education And Social Studies 70. Education Fine And Applied Art 71. Education Psychology And Curriculum Studies 72. Education Administration 73. Education Management 74. English Language And Literature 75. Entrepreneurship 76. Environmental Education 77. Estate Management 78. Environmental Management And Toxicology 79. Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Art 80. Fisheries 81. Forestry And Wildlife 82. French 83. Geography And Regional Planning 84. Guidance And Counselling 85. Health Education 86. History 87. Home Economics And Education 88. Human Kinetics 89. Industrial Chemistry 90. Industrial Mathematics 91. Industrial Physics 92. Industrial Relations And Personnel Management 93. Industrial Technical Education 94. Insurance 95. International Studies And Diplomacy 96. Language and Linguistics 97. Linguistics 98. Library And Information Science 99. Marketing 100. Mathematics 101. Mathematics Economics 102. Music 103. Philosophy 105. Physical Education 106. Physics 107. Pure And Applied Mathematics 108. Science Laboratory Science